Channel 9 interview and demo of Orcas Team Build
Jim Lamb and Buck Hodges on the Team Foundation Server team show off the new Continuous Integration support they are building for the “Orcas” release of Team Foundation Server! ‘nuff said. Check out the demo!
This demo was done with a build near the end of the feature crew for CI, and I’m happy to say that it went really well (a demo is usually a good test!). You’ll know that the demo is real when we make a wrong choice and have to figure out what we did wrong. It didn’t take us long to figure it out, but we went and improved that experience of dealing incorrect workspace mappings better after this. Making it easier to debug problems is one of the things that we’ve tried to do in Orcas.
Scheduled builds are supported as well, but they didn’t exist when this interview occurred.
You can try it out for yourself in the March Orcas CTP. It doesn’t have build scheduling either, but it’s got everything else you’ll see in the interview.
Be sure to check out Brian’s other interviews of folks in the North Carolina office.
- Branching 101 with Doug Neumann – Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
- Migrating to Team Foundation Server with Matthew Mitrik
- New Power Tools for Team Foundation Server
- Brian Harry on Team Foundation Server Past, Present, and Future
[UPDATE 4/26/2007] The final two interviews have been posted!
- Using Team Foundation Server to Visualize Change
- Team Foundation Server “Orcas” Improvements to Administration and Operations