May ALM Documentation Update Available
In recent years, we have tried to move to a model of producing updates to the documentation on a more frequent basis rather than just synchronizing it with the product schedule. Inevitably the documentation lags behind the product a bit (you can’t write the docs until you have something to document :)) and they get squeezed at the end of the product cycle. Instead we’ve moved to a model where we produce the highest priority content for RTM and then, using customer feedback, we stage out additional content over time. Right now we publish updates about once a quarter but would like to get to the point that high demand updates could even be made monthly.
The documentation updates for May are now available:
- Shipped content to support the Visualization and Modeling Feature Pack scenarios.
- Added new ports and protocol diagram that includes Lab Management components: Team Foundation Server Architecture.
- Technical articles:
- Updated content for Extending UML Models and Diagrams.
- Corrected the procedures for moving library objects: Expanding or Changing Your Virtual Lab.
- In the Testing the Application content:
- Added some updates to coded UI test topics based on customer feedback and our own work.
- Improved documentation to help users add a timeout that was missing from the product