Community Translations of Team System Web Access
A few months ago some of our MVPs expressed interest in creating some translations of Team System Web Access. We looked into it and concluded that enabling it would be pretty straight forward and seemed like a great way to experiment with a new way of interacting with the community. Thus was born the TSWA Community Translation Project on CodePlex. Hakan Eskici signed up to be the product team sponsor for the effort and Marcel de Vries (one of our Team System MVPs) agreed to coordinate the project. Marcel corralled an array of other MVPs to contribute effort on a variety of translations. The end result is 7 new tranlations (available today).
· Croatian, done by Ognjen Bajic
· Danish, done by Gert Christiansen
· Swedish, done by Mathias Olausson
· Polish, done by Marek Byszewski
· Dutch, done by Marcel de Vries in addtion to the 9 that ship with the product (English (US), Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean). You can download them from the CodePlex project. You can read about this release on Marcel’s blog here: http://blogs.infosupport.com/marcelv/archive/2008/11/17/First-release-of-Team-System-Web-Access-Translations-now-available_2100_.aspx He’s already got another release in progress (Norwegian, Arabic, Portugese). If you are interested in participating in the translation effort, please contact Marcel using his blog. I want to thank Marcel and his team for their commitment and contribution to Team System. It’s great to see it reaching increasingly more people in the world. Please let us know what you think about the translations. Brian