With 14 new services at FedRAMP High, Azure Government continues expanding compliance coverage
Microsoft now has 116 services covered by the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) High Provisional Authorization to Operate (P-ATO) for Azure Government. We continue to bring you more services at FedRAMP High than any other cloud provider, delivering on our ongoing investments in commercial parity and our commitment to providing the most secure and compliant cloud across a broad range of mission-critical capabilities.
To streamline review and approval for our customers, Microsoft recently consolidated the Dynamics 365 for Government FedRAMP package into the Azure Government package. For Dynamics customers, this consolidation shortens approval timelines as you no longer need to examine the Azure Government package separately. The Azure Government FedRAMP package contains IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings, covering the full scope of cloud deployment models.
You can find a full list of Azure Government services with FedRAMP High coverage in the Azure Government audit scope documentation.
Learn more about the 14 new Azure Government services now in scope for FedRAMP High:
- Azure IoT Security Take advantage of built-in security, visibility, and control for every part of your IoT deployment. Prevent weak spots in your devices and services with security by design and get stack-ranked suggestions for new security improvements. Monitor the health of all of your IoT devices in near real time and block compromised devices with Azure IoT Hub. Use Azure Security Center for IoT to find and eliminate threats with easy-to-follow steps ranked by importance, and configuration suggestions to help you improve your overall security posture.
- Azure Kubernetes Service Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) offers serverless Kubernetes, an integrated continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) experience, and enterprise-grade security and governance. Easily define, deploy, debug, and upgrade even the most complex Kubernetes applications, and automatically containerize your applications.
- Azure Lighthouse Azure Lighthouse offers service providers a single control plane to view and manage Azure across all their customers with higher automation, scale, and enhanced governance. With Azure Lighthouse, service providers can deliver managed services using comprehensive and robust management tooling built into the Azure platform.
- Customer Lockbox for Microsoft Azure Customer Lockbox for Microsoft Azure provides an interface for customers to review and approve or reject customer data access requests. It is used in cases where a Microsoft engineer needs to access customer data during a support request.
- Azure Machine Learning Machine learning is a data science technique that allows computers to use existing data to forecast future behaviors, outcomes, and trends without being explicitly programmed. Azure Machine Learning provides all the tools developers and data scientists need for their machine learning workflows.
- Azure Maps Azure Maps is a collection of geospatial services that use fresh mapping data to provide geographic context to web and mobile applications. Azure Maps services are available through the Web SDK or the Android SDK. These tools help developers quickly develop and scale solutions that integrate location information into Azure solutions.
- Azure Policy Guest Configuration Azure Policy helps to enforce organizational standards and to assess compliance at-scale, providing an aggregated view to evaluate the overall state of the environment, with the ability to drill-down to the per-resource, per-policy granularity. It also helps to bring your resources to compliance through bulk remediation for existing resources and automatic remediation for new resources. The guest configuration extension is required to perform audits in Azure virtual machines.
- Azure Sentinel Microsoft Azure Sentinel is a scalable, cloud-native, security information event management (SIEM) and security orchestration automated response (SOAR) solution. Azure Sentinel delivers intelligent security analytics and threat intelligence across the enterprise, providing a single solution for alert detection, threat visibility, proactive hunting, and threat response.
- Azure Stack Hub Part of the Azure Stack portfolio, Azure Stack Hub broadens Azure to let you run apps in an on-premises environment and deliver Azure services in your datacenter. Create your own autonomous cloud that you can run completely or partially connected from the public cloud.
- Dynamics 365 for US Government capabilities:
- Customer Engagement: This connection between Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (on-premises) and the Azure platform provides a secure and reliable channel for communicating Customer Engagement run-time data to external cloud-based line-of-business (LOB) applications.
- Customer Service: enables organizations to build a proactive and predictive service model with the availability of IoT diagnostics, IoT device update, and case management on one platform.
- Field Service: enables organizations to move from a costly break-fix model to a proactive and predictive service model through the combination of IoT diagnostics, scheduling, asset maintenance, and inventory on the same platform.
- Project Service Automation: helps organizations efficiently track, manage, and deliver project-based services, from the initial sale all the way to invoicing
- Dynamics 365 Sales: enables sales teams to build strong relationships with their customers, take actions based on insights, and close sales faster.
Azure Government provides the most trusted cloud for mission-critical government workloads. This environment includes a unique cloud instance, exclusively for government customers and their solution providers, and hardened US datacenters operated by extensively screened personnel.
To learn more about Azure Government, read our blog. To get started with Azure Government, request your free trial today.