Commercial best practices for DevSecOps in Defense
The Department of Defense has taken several measures to integrate a DevSecOps strategy across its entire organization. For example, the DoD Enterprise DevSecOps Initiative is a joint effort on behalf of the Chief Information Officer and the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment to integrate tools and services that support DevSecOps.
As DoD moves forward on its DevSecOps journey, there are myriad lessons learned and best practices from the commercial sector to leverage. In a six-part article series with Government Executive Media Group (including Nextgov and Defense One), Microsoft experts are sharing some of these insights and practices.
In our first article, Rapid Deployment: Why DoD Is Ready for the DevSecOps Era, Sujit Mohanty, chief technology officer for Microsoft Defense, discusses DoD and the DevSecOps approach; the importance of continuous focus on security; and the keys to building strong teams and processes.
Check out the article and be on the lookout for the next one, Ways to Jump Cultural Hurdles to Realize Effective Government DevSecOps, coming soon.
- Article #2: Ways to Jump Cultural Hurdles to Realize Effective Government DevSecOps
- Article #3: Shifting Left: How DevSecOps Strengthens Agency Security and Risk Management
- Article #4: How Public Sector Developers Can Achieve DevSecOps Through Collaboration and Open Source Tools
- Article #5: Government Innovation, Readiness Will Require More than Just DevOps
- Article #6: Breaking Down Silos: DevSecOps Makes Security Everyone’s Business