Xamarin and .NET Developer Events in April
User groups are getting together to learn about new, exciting releases and tooling to help jumpstart their next mobile development project. Network with your local community and you too could get all the latest updates about Xamarin and .NET related technologies. Below are just a few of the events happening this month, including Visual Studio 2019 Launch events and Global Azure Bootcamps! A full list of developer engagements can be found through our Community page. There you will also find new Meetups, links to Github and StackOverflow, as well as the developer Twitter, Gitter, and Facebook pages. As always, we encourage you to tweet @XamarinEvents to promote your upcoming Xamarin and .NET related events.
Mobile Developer Events in April:
April 2 – June 30
- Global | Visual Studio 2019 Launch Events: The Visual Studio team is partnering with organizers around the globe to bring you local, in-person launch events between April 2nd and the end of June. Join your fellow developers in a city near you to learn more about Visual Studio 2019 and have some fun!
- Columbia, MD. USA | CMAP – Central Maryland Association of .NET Professionals: BluetoothLE Prototyping with the RaspberryPi and Xamarin.Forms
- Toronto, ON. Canada | DisruptAI Hackathon: DisruptAI is a two-day hackathon sponsored by Microsoft which challenges you to disrupt your industry using AI and data science.
- Morrisville, NC. USA | Triangle .NET User Group: Interactive Tour of Visual Studio Live Share
- Rochester, NY. USA | Rochester Xamarin Meetup: Building Offline Capabilities – Loading Initial Data
- Toronto, ON. Canada | Toronto Mobile .NET Developers Group: Getting Started with Xamarin
- New York, NY. USA | NYC Mobile .NET Developers Group: Building Xamarin.Forms Mobile Apps Using XAML
- Montréal, QC. Canada | Montreal Mobile .NET Developers: Internationalisation et gestion multilingue d’une application Xamarin
- Minneapolis, MN. USA | Minnesota Enterprise Mobile: RestBuilder: How to Tame HttpClient….Fluently
- Global | Global Azure Bootcamp: All around the world, user groups and communities organized their own one-day deep-dive class for the 6th Global Azure Bootcamp event.
- Edmonton, AB. USA | Edmonton .NET User Group: Mark Bennett – Let’s Git this Party Started!
The .NET ecosystem is continuously growing and empowering developers to create amazing applications. Join us as we take a look at the APIs, the tooling, and some of the interesting projects being created in the .NET ecosystem.
- Browse through Channel 9’s On .NET for tons of great content.
The Xamarin Show is all about native cross-platform mobile development for iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows with Xamarin. Join your host James Montemagno and his guests as they discuss building mobiles apps, integrating SDKs, extending mobile apps, and the latest Xamarin news. They also cover awesome apps mobile developers are building, and so much more.
- Tune into The Xamarin Show to create amazing applications.
Keep up with the latest in mobile and cloud development with the official Visual Studio Mobile Developer podcast. Join your hosts Matt Soucoup and James Montemagno as they discuss the latest and greatest in native cross-platform mobile and cloud development in C#, Xamarin, and Azure.
- Subscribe to the Xamarin Podcast for monthly updates.
Join us for special Microsoft events, training opportunities, and talk shows with some of the folks that build the Microsoft tools and frameworks. We’ll also host channels from technical community members that we know you’ll find interesting.
- Learn more about .NET, .NET Core, and Visual Studio through the Visual Studio Twitch.
- Follow Jeff Fritz on Twitch to watch him write .NET code live for websites and applications.
- Watch Toronto Mobile Developers live stream their next user group event.
- Find localized content from LATAM by MVPs and community leaders.
Meetups are a great and fun way of meeting other like-minded developers, and joining one couldn’t be easier. Learn tricks & tips, discover the latest Xamarin and .NET have to offer, or come just to be inspired.
- Get the most from browsing our Community page!
Join the .NET Foundation
The .NET Foundation is an independent organization to foster open development and collaboration around the .NET ecosystem. It serves as a forum for community and commercial developers alike to broaden and strengthen the future of the .NET ecosystem. By promoting openness and community participation to encourage innovation it allows our entire community to be more involved.
The foundation participates heavily across a variety of activities such as event sponsorships and speaker grants. They also assist with outreach and evangelism, providing technical support services, and expanding project onboarding and mentoring.
Join the .NET Foundation Meetup Pro Account and get support for your user group to:
- Cover Meetup fees;
- Promote your upcoming events;
- Access fun swag and giveaway items;
- Share the latest content for presentations;
- Provide news about upcoming releases and how to get involved.
In addition to the above, you can also utilize user group analytics, group visibility, and direct user group support for content and speakers. Join the .NET Foundation today!