MonoTouch 220.127.116.11 – First Update by Xamarin
We have just released the first update to MonoTouch by Xamarin. This update contains fixes to many problems that were affecting our users. We encourage developers to upgrade to this release. We have many more fixes coming in a future release, but we wanted to get some critical fixes to our community right away.
To get the update in MonoDevelop, go to Help → Check for Updates, or you can download directly from the Customer Self Service.
Some of the important fixes in this release:
- Exceptions raised in callbacks that were not properly handled or caught by a global handler would silently terminate the application, without any indication of the problem.
- Fixed a problem that would randomly crash OpenGL applications on the simulator.
- Some invalid signatures for GameKit APIs have been fixed.
- Fixed some bugs that would make mtouch abort with the message “mtouch exited with code 1” on multi-core CPUs.
- Fixes Lion activation problems.
- API updates.
We’ve also included a couple of new features for our users:
- System.IO.IsolatedStorage is now available to MonoTouch users, making it easier to share code with Windows Phone 7.
- MonoTouch will now warn users if they use debug and LLVM at the same time.
We are still working on various other Lion fixes in Mono itself. We will have a new version of Mono later this week that addresses most of the problems that users that upgraded to Lion have reported.
If you have any trouble with MonoTouch 18.104.22.168, contact support.