Mobile & .NET Developer Community Events in February
Fall in love with building your next mobile application by networking with local user groups to learn about new and exciting releases, tooling, or updates with Xamarin and .NET related technologies! Get the full list of mobile developer engagements happening all over the world through our Community page. There you will also find new Meetups, links to Github and StackOverflow, as well as the developer Twitter, Gitter, and Facebook pages. As always, we encourage you to tweet @XamarinEvents to promote your upcoming Xamarin and .NET related events for further amplification.
Mobile Developer Events in February:
- Breda, Netherlands | Breda Development Meetup: From The Death Star to Open Source .NET Core by Scott Hanselman
- Sydney, Australia | Sydney Mobile .Net (Xamarin) Developers: Intro to ARKit (Ryan Davis) & More Xamarin Forms 4 Awesomeness (Matthew Robbins)
- Pittsburgh, PA. USA | Pittsburgh .NET User Group (PGHDOTNET): Communicate with ASP.NET Core and Xamarin with SignalR
- Morrisville, NC. USA | Triangle .NET User Group: State of .NET With Jim Duffy
- Toronto, ON. Canada | Toronto Mobile .NET Developers Group: Commiunity Lightning Talks
- Minneapolis, MN. USA | Minnesota Enterprise Mobile: Offline Data Collection and Syncing with Xamarin
- Köln, Germany | Xamarin Cologne User Group:
Drawing with the 2D graphics library SkiaSharp with Xamarin
- Sint-Katelijne-Waver, Belgium | MADN Belgium: Microsoft App Innovation Workshop
We are incredibly excited to announce that we are making some big changes to expand the .NET Foundation. As part of our ongoing commitment to open source, we’re expanding the .NET Foundation by inviting the entire open source community to take a more active role. This will also directly guide foundation operations and build the ecosystem.
We’re expanding the board from three to seven members, with one single seat appointed by Microsoft and the remaining six elected by the community. Any person who has contributed to a .NET Foundation open source project is eligible to run for the board and to vote.
These changes enable the .NET Foundation to participate heavily across a variety of activities like event sponsorships and speaker grants, outreach and evangelism, providing more technical support services, and expanding project onboarding and mentoring. There is tremendous open source potential in the huge, worldwide .NET developer base and we want to empower it! This new structure will help the .NET Foundation scale with the growing .NET open source ecosystem and allows our entire community to be more involved.
Join the .NET Foundation Meetup Pro Account and get support for your user group that will:
- Cover Meetup fees;
- Promote your upcoming events;
- Get access to fun swag and giveaway items;
- Share the latest content for presentations;
- Provide news about upcoming releases and how to get involved.
In addition to the above, you can also utilize user group analytics, group visibility, and direct user group support for content and speakers. Join the .NET Foundation today!