CodeBlog: Writing a Blogging Extension for Visual Studio 2010
Have you ever wanted to quickly share a code sample to Twitter or your blog without leaving Visual Studio? Steve Apiki walks through how to create an extension for Visual Studio 2010 that does just that.
His walkthrough touches on a number of extensibility options inside Visual Studio 2010 such as:
- How to add a command to a context menu
- How to create text adornments with the new VS 2010 Editor
- How to create a Tool Window and add WPF content to it
- Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) basics
- Using XML-RPC.NET to post to Twitter