CodeCast Episode 12: Visual Basic and the VB Community (Lisa Feigenbaum, Dustin Campbell)
Be sure to check out the latest episode of CodeCast with two VB interviews, including myself and VB program manager Dustin Campbell!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
CodeCast Episode 12: Visual Basic and the VB Community
In this episode of CodeCast, Ken Levy, Markus Egger, and Gary Short discuss Internet Explorer 8, Windows 7 beta, Kindle and Sony eBook readers, and Visual Studio 2010. Ken has two in-depth interviews on the topic of Visual Basic, .NET languages, and the VB community. The first interview is with VB community program manager Lisa Feigenbaum and the second is with VB program manager Dustin Campbell.
Direct download: CodeCast_012.mp3 – Size: 46MB
Topics in Lisa’s interview:
- what it means to be a community program manager at Microsoft
- the VB language and IDE features in store for VS 2010
- how the VB & C# teams have moved closer together in the past year
Topics in Dustin’s interview:
- being an active member in the .NET community
- joining Microsoft as the VB IDE program manager
- the VB & C# co-evolution strategy
- development work happening on VS 2010
- Dustin’s background at Developer Express