Microsoft Surface Duo One Dev Question video series
Hello Android developers,
Twice this year we’ve released a series of short videos answering questions about Microsoft Surface Duo development. In case you missed them, check out these videos and meet the Surface Duo Developer Experience team!
Here are the most popular questions and answers we received:
How do you get started with Flutter development on the Surface Duo?
Can you build Surface Duo apps with Jetpack Compose?
What operating system powers the Surface Duo?
The rest of the videos in the one dev question series are available here:
- How does Surface Duo support Kotlin?
- How can you simulate gestures across the two screens of the Surface Duo in automated tests?
- How do you take advantage of the Surface Duo’s two screens in a Flutter app?
- How can you improve the pen writing experience on the Surface Duo?
- How can your app benefit from the hinge angle?
- How do you deal with the gap in the Surface Duo?
- How can an app adjust its behavior for the Surface Duo’s two screens?
- What OS is running on the Surface Duo?
- How do you get started developing for Surface Duo?
Earlier in the year, we answered some additional questions about Surface Duo development; you can view the entire playlist on YouTube.
Another great place to get questions answered is in our developer docs at docs.microsoft.com/dual-screen. Visit the docs to download the Surface Duo emulator and get started with your preferred language and developer tools.
There’s still time – droidcon APAC 2020
The Surface Duo Developer Experience team was a presenter at droidcon EMEA and droidcon AMERICAS held in September (see this recap). We will also be presenting at droidcon APAC 2020 on December 14th-15th, 2020. Register now and join us for 90+ tech talks, hackathons, roundtables, 1:1 meetings, and more.
Got more questions?
We’d love to hear from you and perhaps answer your questions in a future video or blog post. Please reach to out to our team using our feedback forum or message us @surfaceduodev on Twitter.