Microsoft Surface Duo dev resources recap
Hello Surface Duo developers!
Given the recent events that are unfolding across the globe, we have decided to give this week’s blog a lower profile so you can focus on the well being of your local communities and families. Please be safe and we look forward to sharing lots of exciting announcements in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, we have provided a recap of resources that are available to help you jumpstart your Surface Duo development.
- All up Dual Screen SDK Documentation
- Surface Duo SDK Blog (Posted every Thursday)
- Surface Duo SDK Tech Forum
- Surface Duo “One Dev Question” Video Series
Recorded Developer Talks:
- Microsoft 365 Developer Day: “Bring your app to the Surface Duo”
- .NET Conference: “Developing dual-screen Experiences with Xamarin”
- Build 2020: “How to bring your Android apps to Surface Duo with Xamarin”
Surface Duo SDKs/Samples:
- Surface Duo Emulator Image
- Surface Duo SDK Java Samples
- Surface Duo SDK Kotlin Samples
- Xamarin Form Samples and a full Xamarin TV app sample
- React Native Samples
- Unity Samples
- Flutter Samples
- WebPlat Community Samples
Open source access to Surface Duo samples and helper functions
All of our helper functions, layouts, and controls code is available on GitHub and open for contribution.
Be sure to check out our contribution guidelines first and we’d love for you to participate.