Windows Management Framework 5.0 Preview September 2014 is now available
We’re excited to announce Windows Management Framework 5.0 Preview September 2014, a new package publicizing new and exciting management technologies, is now available for download on Download Center!
This version of the preview includes everything in the WMF 5.0 Preview May 2014 and WMF 5.0 Experimental Release July 2014 and some new improvements and scenarios.
The following is a list of all the new scenarios enabled since May 2014:
- Generate Windows PowerShell cmdlets based on an OData endpoint
- Manage .ZIP files with new cmdlets
- DSC Authoring Improvements in Windows PowerShell ISE
- New Attribute for defining DSC meta-configuration
- Use partial configurations DSC
- Cross-computer synchronization through DSC
- Get the current DSC configuration status
- Compare, Update, and Publish DSC configurations
- Audit Windows PowerShell usage by transcription and logging
- Extract and parse structured objects out of string content
- Extend the item noun to enable Symbolic Links
- Develop with classes in Windows PowerShell
- Register a PSRepository with PowerShell Get
- Network Switch management through Windows PowerShell (improvements)
You can find more details on all of these scenarios in the Release Notes of WMF 5.0 Preview September 2014, which can be downloaded at the same link as the packages themselves.
This new package installs exclusively on Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. If WMF 5.0 Experimental Release July 2014 is already installed on the machine, WMF 5.0 Experimental Release July 2014 must be uninstalled in order to install WMF 5.0 Preview September 2014.
We’re excited to provide this new iteration of WMF to you all, and we’re happy to hear any and all feedback that you may have. As usual, our main avenue of feedback is Connect: https://connect.microsoft.com/PowerShell/Feedback
On behalf of everyone contributing to WMF, we hope you enjoy this Preview release.
PowerShell Program Manager