Updated design guidance for Viva Connections custom cards and quick views
As part the continuously evolving guidance we have now updated the Viva Connections Adaptive Card Extension design guidance and have also provide open-source designs for adaptive cards which demonstrates the art of possible within the Viva Connections Mobile mobile experiences.
About mobile experiences
Viva Connections mobile experiences can be extended with the widely adopted SharePoint Framework (SPFx). SPFx acts as the orchestrator for the mobile first experiences by providing connection between the information from APIs and the presentation with the Adaptive Card technology. Viva Connections is your gateway to a modern employee experience where you can build and integrate apps that shape culture and foster connections to help employees thrive.
We will continue evolving the provided guidance, samples and other assets based on your feedback and input.
Here are the updated resources for our partners and customers to take advantage:
- Designing custom cards for your dashboard
- Designing Quick Views
- Adaptive Card Extension Quick View samples
- Open-sourced Adaptive Card design samples in GitHub
Following video taken from our Microsoft 365 platform community calls (weekly call for everyone to join) shows how you can take advantage of the newly provided Adaptive Card designs in Viva Connections.
Additional resources and support
- Overview of the SharePoint Framework
- Getting started with SharePoint Framework
- Build for Microsoft Teams using SharePoint Framework
- Overview of Viva Connections Extensibility
- Microsoft Learn – Extend Microsoft Viva Connections
- Microsoft Learn – Extend Microsoft SharePoint – Associate
- Viva Connections code and design samples from the Microsoft 365 Unified Sample gallery
If you are looking into building experiences for Microsoft 365, we strongly recommend on joining our community calls and other Microsoft 365 community activities. More details from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.