SharePoint PnP Partner Story – How Solvion is using PnP assets to provide additional value for their customers
In this SharePoint PnP Partner Story we concentrated on showing how Solvion is using the reusable SharePoint PnP components and patterns in their solutions built for their customers. Solvion is Austrian based company providing services and solutions for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises. They have built their own set of reusable solutions, which are being used with customer deployments. Solvion is using SharePoint PnP Provisioning Engine in their solutions to provide reliable template mechanism with their self-service site collection provisioning solution.
Presentation section covers following topics
- Introduction to partner – Solvion
- Problem definition – Provisioning framework move from farm solutions to add-in model
- Site creation architecture and design
- Covering different areas of the TeamBox solution
- Outlook TeamBox add-in
- Self-service dashboard for site management
- Creating new site experience
- Responsive design
- Hybrid model with support to provision sites to both SharePoint Online and on-premises
- Governance capabilities
- Yammer integration with publishing pages
Webcast demo shows following details
- Walkthrough of the Solvion TeamBox capabilities from UI perspective
- Outlook add-in
- Managing users in a site directly from Outlook
- Dashboard for collaboration sites
- Self-service site provisioning and management of sites
- Architectural design of the solution
Video at YouTube.
See following resources around the covered topics and mentioned resources.
- Solvion Information Management GmbH
- All about modern workspace solutions – blog
- Our Yammer statistics and how to use it for comments on intranet pages – blog post
- PnP Sites Core – Contains provisioning engine used also by Solvion
- Stefan Bauer
- PnP Partner Pack in GitHub – Source code and installation details
- PnP Webcast – Introduction to PnP Partner Pack v2.0
- PnP Webcast – Introduction to PnP Provisioning Engine
- PnP Core Component – Site Provisioning Framework
- PnP Sample – Provisioning Hybrid
What is SharePoint Patterns & Practices (PnP)?
PnP is community driven open source project where Microsoft and external community members are sharing their learning’s around implementation practices for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises (add-in model). Active development and contributions happen in our GitHub repositories under dev branch and each month there will be a master merge (monthly release) with more comprehensive testing and communications. Latest activities and future plans are covered in our monthly community calls which are open for anyone from the community. Download invite from http://aka.ms/SPPnP-Call.
This is work done by the community for the community without any actual full time people. It’s been great to find both internal and external people who are willing to assist and share their learning’s for the benefit of others. This way we can build on the common knowledge of us all. Currently program is facilitated by Microsoft, but already at this point we have multiple community members as part of the Core team and we are looking to extend the Core team with more community members.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback around PnP program or this blog post, please use the Microsoft Tech Community (SharePoint Developer group).
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, SharePoint, Microsoft – 17th of February 2017