SharePoint Pages Microsoft Graph API is now available for public preview
We are excited to announce that the updated Microsoft Graph API for SharePoint Pages is now available in public preview (beta). It has been rolled out to the worldwide standard multi-tenant cloud. We expect it to be available in GCC, GCC High and DoD by the end of January 2023.
What is Microsoft Graph SharePoint Pages API?
Modern pages are one of the core foundational content types in SharePoint. The portals and SharePoint news experiences are built with modern pages. Over the years we have heard strong feedback from customers and partners to have a strong API platform to complement the extensive UI capabilities. This new version of the SharePoint pages API is a great step forward on the capabilities supported in Microsoft Graph. This update is the start of an exciting roadmap of features in the SharePoint Pages API in Microsoft Graph.
What’s new with this release?
This updated version of the SharePoint pages API will have a breaking change compared to the previously shipped preview version which had been available in the Microsoft Graph beta endpoint. The updates are in two major areas:
- A newer data model in line with the latest developments in SharePoint modern pages technology.
- Improved page management capabilities compared to previous beta API.
- Get the list of all pages and news posts in a site.
- Get the contents of any page or news post.
- Create a page or news post.
- Publish a page or news post.
- Delete a page or news post.
Get started with the new SharePoint Pages API
- Read our extensive Pages API documentation
- Check out the Pages API code samples in the solution gallery.
- Review our open issues and provide feedback in SharePoint Pages Microsoft Graph API issues list
- View the prerelease demo video from the Microsoft 365 community call.
- Visit our Microsoft 365 Dev Center, join our Microsoft 365 Platform community calls and follow us on Twitter (@Microsoft365Dev) for further updates on these areas.
We look forward to your feedback. Happy coding 🚀