Guidance for implementing partner offerings for Viva Connections with ACEs and custom APIs
We are excited to announce new guidance on how to build Microsoft Viva Connections extensibility with Adaptive Card Extensions (ACEs), which are calling securely custom APIs hosted in the Azure Active Directory.
This is a typical scenario especially for the partner solutions which are exposing experiences of their Microsoft Teams apps in the Viva Connections. Scenario is also valid for any customer who are looking into surfacing their line-of-business data in multiple tenants at Microsoft 365 in secure way. Guidance is provided in the format of reference code, documentation and small video series showing how the key elements of the solution.
- Reference solution at GitHub as starting point
- Documentation and guidance on how to setup the scenario
- Playlist in the YouTube with the different guidance videos
- Hosted API for easy installation for demo purposes – See the Minimal Path to Awesome guidance to get started
- Reference solution introduction
- Minimal Path to Awesome on starting to use the solution in your tenant
- Viva Connections ACEs Implementation Details
- Azure AD hosted APIs Implementation Details
Introduction on building and using multi-tenant Azure AD APIs in Viva Connections
This video concentrates on providing an introduction to the reference solution and the different technical approaches taken. Video also demonstrates the user experiences of the two different Adaptive Card Extensions (ACEs) which are provided as part of the solution.
Calling custom Azure AD secured APIs from Viva Connections ACEs
This video focuses on showing how to build Adaptive Card Extensions (ACEs) for Microsoft Viva Connections consuming Azure AD secured multi-tenant APIs.
Implementing custom Azure AD secured APIs for Viva Connections ACEs
This video concentrates showing on how to develop Azure AD secured multi-tenant APIs that you can consume from Adaptive Card Extensions (ACEs) for Microsoft Viva Connections.
Registering and securing custom Azure AD secured APIs for Viva Connection ACEs
This video focuses on how to register and Azure AD app for the solution to use. Video also focuses on how to perform the consent flow in the tenant where the solution is intended to be used and how to make the solution to work properly.
- Extend Microsoft Viva Connections – Learning Path
- Overview of Viva Connections Extensibility
- Build your first SharePoint Adaptive Card Extension
- Viva Connections open-source samples from the Microsoft 365 platform community
- Microsoft Viva Dev Center
Join on our Viva Connections community call and take advantage of all the other additional community assets from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.
Sharing is caring! Happy coding! 🧡🚀