The week in .NET – Links!
This week’s post will exceptionally be made of links only, as I’m on vacation…
- The week in .NET – .NET Conf, Material Design in XAML Toolkit
- .NET Architecture: Microservices & Containers, On .NET with Omer Raviv on OzCode, Sprache
- On .NET with Mattias Karlsson on Cake, Topshelf
- Whats Wrong with Comments by Michael Sorens.
- Docker for .NET Developers (Part 6)Using Docker for Build and Continuous Deployment by Steve Gordon.
- Exploring CQRS within the Brighter .NET open source project by Scott Hanselman.
- Porting a 15 year old .NET 1.1 Virtual CPU Tiny Operating System school project to .NET Core 2.0 by Scott Hanselman.
- SysSieve: Extracting Actionable Insights from Unstructured Text by Seth Juarez.
- Generate C# API Documentation with Wyam by Derek Comartin.
- Automating .NET Core deployments to different platforms with Cake by Jeremy Lindsay.
- Structured Data using Schema.NET by Muhammad Rehan Saeed.
- Selenium WebDriver + .NET Core 2.0- What Everyone Ought to Know by Automate The Planet.
- .NET Core: Finding out SDK-, installed runtime-, and Framework Host versions by Iris Classon.
- Tips on starting and running a .NET user group by Joseph Woodward.
- Installing Additional App Templates for dotnet new by Steve Smith.
- ClrMD Part 5 – How to use ClrMD to extend SOS in WinDBG by Christophe Nasarre & Kevin Gosse.
- ConcurrentDictionary allocates … a lot by Rick Brewster.
- The Story About .NET Cross Platform UI Frameworks by Lex Li.
- .NET Framework June 2017 Cumulative Quality Update for Windows 10 by Rich Lander.
- Announcing .NET Core 2.0 Preview 2 by Rich Lander.
- Performance Improvements in RyuJIT in .NET Core and .NET Framework by Joseph Tremoulet.
- 7 lesser known hacks for debugging in Visual Studio by Kaycee Anderson.
- Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.3 Preview by Christine Ruana.
- What can I do in .NET Core that I cant in the full .NET Framework? by Keith Beller & John Abele.
- Unite Europe 2017 Keynote Recap: Connecting, Creating, and the Future of Unity by Matthew Pruitt.
- When and how does asp.net runtime load dlls ? by Rohith Rajan.
- Introducing ASP.NET Core 2.0 Preview 2 by Jeffrey T. Fritz.
- How to Support Windows Authentication for ASP.NET Core in IIS by Wu Shuai.
- LessThanDot by Eli Weinstock-Herman.
- Testing ASP.NET Core Controllers in Isolation with Mock Objects and Moq by Jason Roberts.
- Controller activation and dependency injection in ASP.NET Core MVC by Andrew Lock.
- Teach Them How To Do ASP.NET MVC Right (And Let Them Figure Out the Rest) by Dino Esposito.
- Deploy your ASP.NET Core Web API to AWS Lambda by Carlos Mendible.
- ASP.NET Core MVC – TagHelpers by Ibrahim Šuta.
- Using Protobuf Media Formatters with ASP.NET Core by Damien Bowden.
- Build a chat app with SignalR Core – Mikael Mengistu by Mikael Mengistu.
- Using MessagePack with ASP.NET Core MVC by Filip W.
- Practical C# – Sorting in LINQ by Andrea Angella.
- EditorConfig Reference for C# Developers by Kent Boogaart.
- C# 7 Series, Part 4: Discards by Mark Zhou.
- F# for Azure Notebooks by Microsoft.
- StyleCop support for F# Fake by Stijn Moreels.
- Head- and Tail-like methods in C# (and F# and Python and Haskell) by Jiří Činčura.
- Nikeza – Building the Backend with F# by Let’s code .NET.
- Writing Your Own Planetary System DSL and Parser in F# by Moko Sharma.
- Fable.io from Scratch — Part 2 by Mike Morrison.
- The Gamma: F# Survey 2017: How you use F#? by Tomas Petricek.
- Pure times by Mark Seemann by Mark Seemann.
- Functional Programming & F# by Lena Hall.
There is more content available this week in F# Weekly. If you want to see more F# awesomeness, please check it out!
- Going Global with Xamarin and Azure Cosmos DB by Mayur Tendulkar.
- Interactive 3D with UrhoSharp and Workbooks by Charles Petzold.
- Xamarin Podcast: WWDC 2017, Fastlane, Xamarin.Forms Embedding, and more! by Pierce Boggan.
- [Video] Xamarin.Basics – Ad Hoc iOS Builds, Part 1: Certificates and Profiles by Alex Dunn.
- Android.Basics – Adding a Bottom Navigation View by Alex Dunn.
- Making a POST request to IdentityServer’s token endpoint from a Xamarin client by David Britch.
- Building a netstandard Xamarin app with MVVM Light by Nico Vermeir.
- Using EventTriggers to animate a login page in Xamarin.Forms by Alec Tucker .
- Upgrade notes for MvvmCross 5.x on iOS by Tomasz Cielecki.
- Snack Pack 14: Upgrading Android Support Libraries by The Xamarin Show.
- Xamarin.Forms ViewModel First Navigation Library by Matthew Soucoup.
- Installing Visual Studio for Mac by Bryan Anthony Garcia.
- Visual State Transitions in Xamarin Forms with Animations by Nick Randolph.
- Pre-release: Xamarin.Forms 22.214.171.124-pre5 by David Ortinau.
- MultiSelect ListView in Xamarin Forms by Adam Pedley.
- Universal Styling in Xamarin Form Apps by Charlin Agramonte.
- Azure Functions in Two Minutes by John Papa.
- Keep your ASP.NET Core secrets safe in production using Azure Application Settings. by Jon Hilton.
- .NET: Manage Azure Container Service, Cosmos DB, Active Directory Graph and more by Asir Selvasingh.
- Azure via C# – Querying Azure Tables in C# by Andrea Angella.
- UWP App Tips – Windows Template Studio by Alvin Ashcraft.
- Smooth Interaction and Motion with the Visual Layer in Windows 10 Creators Update by Windows UI Team.
- UWP App Diagnostics by Andrew Whitechapel.
- Announcing EF Core 2.0 Preview 2 by Diego B Vega.
- Entity Framework Core: Generate tracking columns by Gérald Barré.
And this is it for this week!
Contribute to the week in .NET
As always, this weekly post couldn’t exist without community contributions, and I’d like to thank all those who sent links and tips. The F# section is provided by Phillip Carter, the gaming section by Stacey Haffner, the Xamarin section by Dan Rigby, and the Azure and UWP section by Michael Crump.
You can participate too. Did you write a great blog post, or just read one? Do you want everyone to know about an amazing new contribution or a useful library? Did you make or play a great game built on .NET?
We’d love to hear from you, and feature your contributions on future posts. Please add your posts, it takes only a second.
We pick the articles based on the following criteria: the posts must be about .NET, they must have been published this week, and they must be original contents. Publication in Week in .NET is not an endorsement from Microsoft or the authors of this post.