.NET Framework September 3, 2020 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004
Today, we are releasing the September 3, 2020 Cumulative Update Preview Updates for .NET Framework.
Quality and Reliability
This release contains the following quality and reliability improvements.
– Addresses an issue with a crash on COM interop to properly return the hresult for the Out of Memory Exception – Addresses an issue in some 32 bit apps where, in certain scenarios, the JIT might omit a function call – Improved support for cleaning up private temporary certificate keys
– Improved spell checking so words like “etc.” and “e.g.” will no longer be identified as spelling errors when spell-checking is enabled in WPF TextBox or RichTextBox – Addresses an issue with a null-reference crash in automation code, arising from re-entrancy when reconnection to a remote desktop.
1 Common Language Runtime (CLR) 2 Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
The Cumulative Update Preview is available via Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services, and Microsoft Update Catalog.
You can get the update via the Microsoft Update Catalog. For Windows 10, NET Framework 4.8 updates are available via Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services, Microsoft Update Catalog. Updates for other versions of .NET Framework are part of the Windows 10 Monthly Cumulative Update.
**Note**: Customers that rely on Windows Update and Windows Server Update Services will automatically receive the .NET Framework version-specific updates. Advanced system administrators can also take use of the below direct Microsoft Update Catalog download links to .NET Framework-specific updates. Before applying these updates, please ensure that you carefully review the .NET Framework version applicability, to ensure that you only install updates on systems where they apply.
The following table is for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016+ versions.
|Product Version||Cumulative Update|
|Windows 10 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004|
|.NET Framework 3.5, 4.8||Catalog||4570721|
Previous Monthly Rollups
The last few .NET Framework Monthly updates are listed below for your convenience:
- August 2020 Security and Quality Rollup Updates
- July 2020 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10, version 2004
- July 2020 Cumulative Update Preview
- July 2020 Security and Quality Rollup Updates