.NET Framework July 2017 Preview of Quality Rollup
You can now install the Preview of Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework, released July 18th, 2017.
Preview of Quality Rollup releases are recommended for businesses that want to use and/or preview quality improvements as soon as they become available. These same quality improvements will typically be included in the following Security and Quality Rollup.
This release contains the following quality and reliability improvements.
- Dynamic method compilation may fail due to out of memory if memory for the code is not available near its precode [394998, 394999]
- Memory leak in AppDomain::m_clsidHashMap growing 
- EETypeHashTable lookups can deadlock with GC during comparison with unrestored persisted TypeHandles [435005, 435006]
- Performance improvements in Entity Framework 
- System.Data.SqlClient: Errors due to undersized prelogin packet data buffer 
- Handle leak with SqlConnection object [440114, 440116]
- Reboot method of Win32_OperatingSystem has Privilege not held exception [441902, 441903, 441904]
- MdiWindowListItem remove MDI from list after closing cancellation 
- Use after free/double free in PenIMC 
- NullReferenceException thrown from PresentationFramework.dll during SpellCheck operations after SpellCheck.CustomDictionaries.Clear() is called programmatically 
- Crash caused by HEAP_CORRUPTION_ACTIONABLE_BlockNotBusy_DOUBLE_FREE_c0000374_PenIMC.dll!CPimcTablet::ReleaseCursorInfo 
- Crash caused by INVALID_POINTER_WRITE_c0000005_PenIMC.dll!CPimcContext::GetPenEventMultiple 
- Incorrect Validation logic is applied when handling the <xsd:whiteSpace value=”collapse”/> directive in System.Xml [227903, 440921, 440932]
COMException error from WPF Application with .NET Framework 4.7
This release has a known issue when the .NET Framework 4.7 is installed after this update. See: “COMException” error from WPF applications after the .NET Framework 4.7 is installed on Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. As a result, this release is only offered on Windows Update on machines that have either .NET Framework 4.7 or the May 2017 Preview of Quality Rollup installed. You can still acquire the updates for a broader set of machines from the Microsoft Update Catalog. This set of changes will be made available on Windows Update to a broader set of Windows versions in August 2017. The known issue will be resolved in that update.
A fix for this known issue is available in the the July 2017 Quality Update, primarily distributed through Microsoft Catalog.
Incorrect text in .NET Framework Setup
- .NET Framework versions: 4.5.2
- Windows versions: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Affected KBs: KB4024845
When you apply this update on non-English locale systems, you may notice some pseudo localized characters instead of localized content in the interactive setup. This is a non-impacting, UI-only, setup issue that does not affect the deployment result or functionality of the update contents. Please apply this update to help secure your computer against vulnerabilities and the issues that are addressed by this update. For more information, see: KB 4043564.
The Security and Quality Rollup is available via Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services and Microsoft Update Catalog.
Docker images have not been updated for this release.
You can download patches from the table below. See .NET Framework Monthly Rollups Explained for an explanation on how to use this table to download patches from Microsoft Update Catalog.
|Product Version||Preview of Quality Rollup KB|
|Windows 10 Update 1607 (Anniversary Update) Windows Server 2016||Catalog 4025334|
|.NET Framework 4.6.2, 4.7||4025334|
|Windows 8.1 Windows RT 8.1 Windows Server 2012 R2||Catalog 4032115|
|.NET Framework 3.5 (reship of May release)||4014598|
|.NET Framework 4.5.2||4024843|
|.NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, and 4.7||4024847|
|Windows Server 2012||Catalog 4032114|
|.NET Framework 3.5 (reship of May release)||4014594|
|.NET Framework 4.5.2||4024844|
|.NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, and 4.7||4024846|
|Windows 7 Windows Server 2008 R2||Catalog 4032113|
|.NET Framework 3.5.1||4014596|
|.NET Framework 4.5.2||4024845|
|.NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7||4024848|
|Windows Server 2008||Catalog 4032116|
|.NET Framework 2.0 (reship of May release)||4014592|
|.NET Framework 4.5.2||4024845|
|.NET Framework 4.6||4024848|
The last few .NET Framework Monthly updates are listed below for your convenience:
- July 2017 Security and Quality Rollup
- June 2017 Cumulative Quality Update for Windows 10
- May 2017 Cumulative Quality Update for Windows 10
- May 2017 Security and Quality Rollup