.NET Core October 2020 Updates – 2.1.23 and 3.1.9
Today, we are releasing the .NET Core October 2020 Update. These updates contains reliability and other non-security fixes. See the individual release notes for details on updated packages.
Getting the Update
- .NET Core 3.1.9 and .NET Core SDK ( Download | Release Notes )
- .NET Core 2.1.23 and .NET Core SDK ( Download | Release Notes )
See the .NET Core release notes for details on the release, including issues fixed and affected packages.
The latest .NET Core updates are available on the .NET Core download page.
Ubuntu 20.10 and Fedora 33 have been added as a supported OS with this update of .NET Core.
.NET Docker images have been updated for today’s release. The following repos have been updated.
- dotnet/core/sdk: .NET Core SDK
- dotnet/core/aspnet: ASP.NET Core Runtime
- dotnet/core/runtime: .NET Core Runtime
- dotnet/core/runtime-deps: .NET Core Runtime Dependencies
- dotnet/core/samples: .NET Core Samples
Note: You must pull updated .NET Core container images to get this update, with either
docker pull or
docker build --pull.
This update will be included in a future update of Visual Studio.
Each version of Visual studio is only supported with a given version of the .NET Core SDK. Visual Studio version information is included in the .NET Core SDK download pages and release notes.If you are not using Visual Studio, we recommend using the latest SDK release.