Channel 9 interview on open sourcing .NET
Curious to where we are with open sourcing .NET Core? Do you want to know which libraries are next? Interested in a white boarding session with David Kean? Then you should check out this video on Channel 9:
Questions or concerns? Leave a comment on the Channel 9 post.
- [0:13] Summary of the Connect() announcement
- [1:04] What’s the relationship between .NET Core and .NET Framework?
- [3:04] Why open source?
- [7:21] Have we gotten external contributors?
- [8:31] How do we think about contributions?
- [11:06] How do we blend internal review processes with open source?
- [15:13] Are we making Microsoft internal tools available?
- [19:56] We still have a compatibility bar, what’s the difference between .NET Core and .NET Framework?
- [22:07] How do we balance agility and maturity?
- [24:35] Whiteboarding .NET Framework vs. .NET Core
- [26:02] Whiteboarding: What’s in .NET Core?
- [28:24] Whiteboarding: What’s open source today?
- [29:38] Whiteboarding: How do we make .NET Core cross plat?
- [34:19] Whiteboarding: How do portable class libraries work with .NET Core?
- [36:45] How do we work with the Mono community?
- [38:41] How does the Mono project relate to .NET Core?
- [40:58] How can you provide us with feedback?