The Xbox Graphics, PIX, and HLSL teams are hiring!
Do you want to be part of the team building the next generation of gaming technologies for Xbox? Are you passionate about Graphics, GPUs, or Gaming? Do you want to work on the teams that enable game developers to make the most graphically advanced games on Xbox possible? If so, the Xbox Graphics, PIX, and HLSL teams are hiring engineering roles across all levels of experience to help develop the technology critical to making the most visually stunning and performant Xbox games.
Machine Learning on Xbox
Engineering roles are available to direct the future of machine learning and computer graphics technology on Xbox consoles. These roles would focus on researching and implementing machine learning algorithms into software to make traditional rendering techniques more efficient and provide new alternative solutions. Ideal candidates would have at least 5 years experience in software development and some experience in machine learning or data science, as well as preferably experience in compute graphics and applied research in machine learning. Please use the following links based on your level of experience:
- For 5+ years of professional software development experience and some experience in machine learning or data science: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1034474/Senior-Software-Engineer
- For 10+ years of professional software development experience and some experience in machine learning or data science: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1065878/Principal-Software-Engineer-for-Graphics
Xbox Graphics Runtime and Driver
The Xbox Graphics runtime and driver team is looking for passionate graphics and GPU driver engineers to innovate on cutting-edge rendering technology for AAA Xbox game developers. The team is responsible for the rendering APIs, Xbox Graphics driver, and GPU firmware, as well as delivering new and exciting graphics rendering techniques to ensure console games can make full use of hardware to maximize performance and visual quality. This role would allow you to take part in defining and building the future of innovation like raytracing, dynamic resolution scalar systems, and much more. Ideal candidates would have at least 5 years experience in software development, some experience in a modern Graphics API, and experience with 3D graphics in games. Additionally, any experience with Graphics drivers, game engines, console developments, and/or API design are helpful for the role.
- For 5+ years of professional software development experience, some experience with a modern Graphics API, and experience with 3D graphics: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1135580/Senior-Software-Engineer-Xbox-Graphics-Runtime
- For 10+ years of professional software development experience, some experience with a modern Graphics API, and experience with 3D graphics: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1135596/Principal-Software-Engineer-Xbox-Graphics-Runtime
The Xbox PIX team is also hiring experienced graphics programmers and GPU engineers! Leveraging intimate control of the entire hardware and software stack from the silicon up though graphics and memory systems to the game itself, PIX provides game developers with unparalleled visibility into their game’s performance and its interactions with the GPU, allowing game developers to build the best looking and smoothest running games. Join our group of talented women and men in providing essential tools for the gaming industry. Do you think it would be fun to help game developers bring their art to new levels of performance? If so, please join us in making games for everyone. Please use the following links based on your level of experience:
- For 5+ years of professional software development experience and coding in C++, C# or HLSL and some experience with Graphics and performance in AAA games: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1037261/Senior-Software-Engineer-Xbox-PIX
- For 10+ years of professional software development experience and coding in C++, C# or HLSL and some experience with Graphics and performance in AAA games: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1065878/Principal-Software-Engineer-for-Graphics
Xbox HLSL Compiler
Additionally, the Xbox HLSL compiler team is seeking experienced compiler and graphics engineers to help us build the future of GPU programming through HLSL for Xbox and Windows. The HLSL compiler team is responsible for advancing graphics and GPU programming by driving new initiatives to design, implement, and expose the latest in GPU hardware features. The team’s role in defining GPU programming languages is critical as performance-driven industries like gaming, machine learning, and technical computing are demanding more and more complex code. Please use the following links based on your level of experience:
- For 2+ years of professional software development and some experience with C++ and assembly programming: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1037674/Software-Design-Engineer-II-GPU-Compilers
- For 5+ years of professional software development experience, extensive experience with C++ and assembly programming, and some LLVM (or equivalent) compiler experience: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/969586/Senior-Software-Engineer-GPU-Compilers
- For 10+ years of professional software development, extensive experience with C++ and assembly programming, and some LLVM (or equivalent) compiler experience: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1065878/Principal-Software-Engineer-for-Graphics
Finally, the team is also looking for Program Managers to join our team to lead cutting-edge innovation in DirectX, HLSL, and other advanced technologies to ensure the success of Graphics innovation on PC and Xbox. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for graphics, compilers, or machine learning and have excellent communication skills to drive these technological advances forward. So, if you have a proven track record of creating cutting-edge software or hardware and are ready to define the future of graphics and gaming, please apply below:
So if you’re interested in any of the above positions, please don’t hesitate to follow the links and apply so you can join in on these amazing opportunities. See the full list of opportunities here:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. For more details, you can check out the following to learn more about the great benefits and culture that Microsoft embodies:
If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on the DIrectX Discord Channel:
“This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.”
“We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.”
That does sound somewhat contradictory, does it not?
I really hope there are no serial killers on the team 😀 Although how do you develop a shooter game if you never shot? 😀