Visual Studio Team Services announces the newest release of our Eclipse Plugin: Team Explorer Everywhere (TEE) 14.0.2
We are pleased to announce the availability of Team Explorer Everywhere14.0.2, our Visual Studio Team Services and Team Foundation Server plug-in for Eclipse.
- The command line client, SDK, and Eclipse plugin are all available for download here.
- The Eclipse update site is available here: http://dl.microsoft.com/eclipse/tfs
Major new features in this release:
- Support for Eclipse Mars. This means we currently support Eclipse versions from 4.5.1 (the latest Mars service release) back to 3.5 (the first Galileo release from 2009).
- Support for Team Foundation Projects containing a mix of both Git and TFVC repositories. Previously, each Team Foundation Project could either have TFVC or Git repositories, but not both. Now you can have both.
Other notable improvements:
Improved server connection caching thus enabling optimal connection pooling
Improved TFVC Git operations to be more reliable in Java 1.7+
- Improved TFVC local workspace scanning during Eclipse startup to prevent UI hanging
- Improved startup performance by reducing background job contention when using external workspaces
- Increased security of Federated Authentication cookies
- Stream-lined TFVC check-ins so they do not block work item querying
- Added support for server URLs containing characters requiring encoding
- Added support in the TFVC Source Control Explorer for opening files with unassociated file extensions either in the Eclipse default editor or text editor
- Rebranding from “Visual Studio Online” to “Visual Studio Team Services” throughout
- Fixed a defect causing exceptions during plugin shutdown
Fixed a potential deadlock occurring between authentication/Eclipse startup
- Improved error notifications
- Improved diagnostics logging