Visual Studio Team Services announces the newest release of our Eclipse Plugin: Team Explorer Everywhere (TEE) 14.0.2
- The command line client, SDK, and Eclipse plugin are all available for download here.
- The Eclipse update site is available here: http://dl.microsoft.com/eclipse/tfs
Major new features in this release:
- Support for Eclipse Mars. This means we currently support Eclipse versions from 4.5.1 (the latest Mars service release) back to 3.5 (the first Galileo release from 2009).
- Support for Team Foundation Projects containing a mix of both Git and TFVC repositories. Previously, each Team Foundation Project could either have TFVC or Git repositories, but not both. Now you can have both.
Improved server connection caching thus enabling optimal connection pooling
- Improved TFVC Git operations to be more reliable in Java 1.7+
- Improved TFVC local workspace scanning during Eclipse startup to prevent UI hanging
- Improved startup performance by reducing background job contention when using external workspaces
- Increased security of Federated Authentication cookies
- Stream-lined TFVC check-ins so they do not block work item querying
- Added support for server URLs containing characters requiring encoding
- Added support in the TFVC Source Control Explorer for opening files with unassociated file extensions either in the Eclipse default editor or text editor
- Rebranding from “Visual Studio Online” to “Visual Studio Team Services” throughout
- Fixed a defect causing exceptions during plugin shutdown
Fixed a potential deadlock occurring between authentication/Eclipse startup
- Improved error notifications
- Improved diagnostics logging