Top stories from the VSTS community – 2017.12.15
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- The fallacy of the rejected backlog item – Martin Hinshelwood
There is a frustrating misunderstanding of reality when one thinks that the Product Owner can reject a single story at the Sprint Review.
- Creating a yaml CI Build for .net application – Hamid Shahid
One of the great announcements from this year’s Microsoft Connect() conference was YAML support for VSTS build definitions.
- What The Tool? Multiple choice quiz to help you choose a tool for SQL Server – Ed Elliott
I was quite pleased with how my tool worked out and so I thought I would build a simple multiple choice quiz to help people decide between SSMS, SSDT, SOS, VSCode + mssql add-in
- Automate DevSecOps with CI CD using VSTS – Tarun Arora
With the adoption of infrastructure as code and development teams taking on more of the Ops activities, organizations using Azure for enterprise hosting are practically at risk of breach with every new release they roll out to these environments.
- Breaking Changes: .Net Enums an often overlooked dangerzone – David Corbin
Just today I was involved in a set of discussions related to adding new values to an already published (and widely consumed) enum; so I figured it was a good topic for a posting.
- Tips and Tricks: Open Workitem in Visual Studio – Niel Zeeman
Getting annoyed when working in Visual Studio 2017 and each time you you open a work item from Team Explorer pane, it opens it in the web?
- Test Automation Benefits – Knowing The Value of Automated Tests – Phil Edwards
Test Automation benefits include; saving time, using resources more efficiently and effectively and easily increasing your test coverage.
- 153 Getting to Know the Global DevOps Bootcamp
In this episode Greg is joined by Marcel de Vries, René van Osnabrugge, Mathias Olausson where they have a great conversation about the Global DevOps Bootcamp, what it is, how it went in 2017, what’s coming in 2018 and why it’s just so cool.
- DevOps before and after F1 style – Donovan Brown
The more I watch the video the more I think it is the perfect visualization of a digital transformation.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included