Top stories from the VSTS community – 2017.10.27
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- Adding Continuous Security Validation to your CI/CD Pipeline Article – Mike DouglasDeploying secure applications is one of the top concerns for organizations and the responsibility of the entire team.
- A virtualized CPU forced me to eat my lunch early, every day, for weeks – Ed ElliottI worked one particular contract where I was forced to take my lunch at 11:35 every day, and it was all virtualizations fault!
- Integrating VSTS for DevOps with privately hosted Azure App Service – Tarun AroraWondering how you can make the Azure App Service private to your network by totally blocking public discoverability? I’ll show you how and also show you how easy it is to use a grid of virtual machines in the cloud (in Azure Dev Test Lab), attached to the same private subnet to automate the deployment of your web application to the privately hosted Azure App Service.
- DevOps enjoying moment in the sun – Richard HarrisKMS Technology has completed a survey of more than 200 IT professionals who participated in DevOps implementations in the past year.
- Using Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) DevOps Features for CICD of a Java Web App – Subodh SohoniMicrosoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) has been a premier integrated set of tools for DevOps for applications based on Microsoft technologies like ASP.NET.
- Trello & VSTS Integration – Mohamed RadwanThe idea of having the two backlogs can still be pretty new to many people, so I will first try to explain in this posts the philosophy behind the usage of different backlogs and present the integration of different management systems.
- New Task: Tag Build or Release – Colin DembovskyI have a build/release task pack in the marketplace. I’ve just added a new task that allows you to add tags to builds or releases in the pipeline, inspired by my friend and fellow MVP Rene van Osnabrugge.
- Configure a VSTS Linux agent with docker in minutes – Ricci Gian MariaIt is really simple to create a build agent for VSTS that runs in Linux and is capable of building and packaging your DotNetCore project.
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) Sprint 124 – what’s new? – Dmitry Lyalin, Alex NicholsIn this episode Dmitry Lyalin is joined by Alex Nichols to discuss the latest sprint update of Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), our cloud hosted DevOps product. They will start with a discussion around how Team Foundation Server (TFS) on-premises became VSTS, how often and what process is used to ship new features to both products. They will then jump into what’s new in this most recent VSTS Sprint 124 Update release and demo improvements in Search, Wiki and how Build now supports Azure Key Vault.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included