Top stories from the VSTS community – 2017.08.11
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- Deploying Infrastructure in Azure with VSTS – Tarun Arora
In this blogpost I’ll take you the full 9 yards with a walk through on how to set up an infrastructure deployment pipeline using VSTS.
- Creating Your First VSTS Load Test – Jeff Bramwell
A few weeks ago I gave a talk on Performance Testing with VSTS. Since I received so many questions during the talk, I thought I’d put together a series of blog posts on the subject.
- The Rise of Test Impact Analysis – Paul Hammant
Test Impact Analysis (TIA) is a modern way of speeding up the test automation phase of a build.
- Connecting agents to TFS using integrated security on http from external domain – Gordon Beeming
If you have TFS on the domain but you are trying to connect agents to it from outside the domain and TFS is not running on https then this post is for you.
- Accessing TFS/VSTS 2017 programmatically – Dominique St-Amand
Being able to have access to the data in Team Foundation Server (TFS)/Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) can be useful for automating processes.
- Metrics for DevOps Initiatives – @DOES_USA
We are proud to bring you this comprehensive, complementary resource on DevOps metrics.
- How to estimate the size of your TFS database backup files – Chev Bryan
The most likely way to do this in my experience is to take a look at the most recent backup job. This can be done quite easily from a T-SQL script.
- How to make an offline installer for VS2017 – Scott Hanselman
I was reminded (as one is when one travels) how spoiled many of us with being always connected.
- My first impressions of K8 – Donovan Brown
In the Container Orchestration wars, I think Kubernetes is leading by a large margin. It seems to be what all the cool kids are doing.
- #143 – Greg Duncan and Martin Woodward at it again
In this episode Greg and Martin chat about the latest VSTS release, TFS 2017.2, Team Extensions, VS Extensions, XAML Build Migrations and much more.
- #144 – TFS to VSTS High Fidelity Migration with Rogan Ferguson, Dan Hellem
In this episode, Greg and Martin have a great conversion with Rogan Ferguson and Dan Hellem on tips, tricks, gotcha’s and more on TFS to VSTS High Fidelity Migration.
- Interview with Aaron Bjork (Consistency) – Donovan Brown, Aaron Bjork
In this interview, Principal DevOps Manager Donovan Brown interviews Principal Group Program Manager Aaron Bjork about UI and Architectural consistency across 50 feature teams and Feature Flags.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included