Visual C++ is coming to a city near you!
With the Visual Studio 2010 launch around the corner, members of the Visual C++ team will be traveling around the world to meet with you and showcase the many new features Visual Studio 2010 has to offer for C++ developers.
Today, we’ll share with you the first two sets of tour stops. Over the next few weeks, we will be sharing more information about our next stops. Stay tuned!
First Tour: Malta, Netherlands, and Belgium
· Malta: March 26th – 27th
· Netherlands, The Hague: March 29th – 31st
· Belgium, Antwerp: April 1st – 2nd
We will be having a full day event at the Microsoft Campus in Malta on the 26th. We would love to meet with you at the event or later in the day for an informal chat over dinner or drinks.
At The Hague, we will be presenting two sessions during the Dev Days Conference:
· Modern Programming with C++0x – (March 30th 11:05 – 12:20)
· Visual C++ 2010 and MFC: The Accelerated Way towards Modern Windows 7 Applications – (March 31st 14:50 to 16:05)
We would love to see you at the conference or meet up informally outside the conference when we’re not presenting. Also, March 29th is an open day for us and we’d be happy to meet you if you’re in a nearby city. We don’t mind taking the train!
In Antwerp, we’re presenting one session at Tech Days:
· Modern Programming with C++0x – (April 1st 9:00 to 10:15)
For those attending the conference, make sure you come, watch our session and stay after it for a chat. We’d also be happy to meet with other developers in Antwerp on the 1st after our presentation. On April 2nd, we’re open to travelling to other nearby cities to meet with you.
If you’re interested in meeting with us during our first tour, drop a quick email to Tarek Madkour (tarekm [at] microsoft [dot] com) and Andy Rich (arich [at] microsoft [dot] com).
Second Tour: Romania and Bulgaria
• Romania, Bucharest: March 26th – 29 th
• Bulgaria, Sofia: March 30th – 31st
In Bucharest, we will be visiting some of the technical universities and showcasing the new Visual C++ 2010. Look for an announcement at your faculty or drop us a line if you would like to meet with us.
In Sofia, we are attending the MS Days 2010 Conference and will be presenting 2 sessions:
• Scale & Productivity for C++ Developers with Visual Studio 2010 (March 31st 11:00)
• Visual C++ 2010 and MFC: The Accelerated Way towards Modern Windows 7 Applications (March 31st 14:30)
If you’re interested in meeting with the C++ team during our second tour, send a short email to Marian Luparu (mluparu [at] microsoft [dot] com) and Adrian Militaru (adrianmi [at] microsoft [dot] com).
Have a great day!