Friday Miscellany #3
Active in the C++ community? Answering questions, creating demos, sharing code snippets, or hosting a local user group meeting? If you have something to share, send it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for potential inclusion in a future miscellany!
And now on with the show:
- John Bandela provides another alternative to lamda move capture. It begs (then answers) the question “how do we lambda capture a large object we want to avoid copying?”
- John Kalb was captured in a two part video series exploring Exception-Safe Coding in C++. Learn some guidelines that can form the basis for safe exception usage along with solid implementation techniques.
- How could I copy Obj* into std::list<Obj*> in C++? In the MSDN Visual C++ General Forum, Giovanni Dicanio provides one way on how to copy the elements in a array into std::list when the array has pointers to elements. Join Giovanni and other MVPs, MCCs, your colleagues and friends on the forums!
- The Developer Content Localization Team released their second localized content update for Visual Studio 2012 to coincide with the Visual Studio 2012 Update 1. Let them know how you like the content!
- And for your enjoyment, Murphy’s Laws of Computer Programming. A colleague had a poster of these that included a couple laws specific to punch cards.
And because Murphy was an optimist, share your own laws below or on our wondrous, active, modern yet approachable Visual C++ Facebook page.
Thanks as always for your enthusiasm and contributions.