Can Touch This: Developer Guidance for Touch-Enabled Applications
Those who, beside this blog, read Windows Developer resources, may have noticed that at the beginning of this month that sibling team released a “Windows 7 Touch Application Development Guidance”. This guidance is purposed to make you learn about:
- Design Principles. Recommendations on application design.
- Windows 7 Touch APIs. Windows 7 Touch, Gesture, and Manipulation APIs.
- Developer Platform Choices. Windows 7 developer platform support for Windows Touch.
- Software Quality. Windows 7 client software logo requirements.
- Windows Touch Assets. Additional developer resources.
This is ideal for software developers who want to take full advantage of Windows on touch-enabled PCs. And if you really enjoy touch enabled application development, we recommend you to read a series of articles that our colleague Gus Class is writing:
- Creating Touch Control Frameworks in C++.
- 3D Manipulation and Custom Gestures in C++.
- Windows Touch Game Programming in DirectX 10 (entered just a few our ago).
- … everything indicates that Gus will keep sharing his knowledge to help us make C++ apps that really push the envelope