The need for speed: DevOps in gov
Keeping pace with mission demands is an increasing challenge for government. Developers are on the hook to deliver new capabilities to their agencies faster than ever.
To hear how DevOps and cloud can help agencies accelerate their mission speed and capabilities, RSVP and join the Microsoft Azure Government DC user community for a meetup on Wednesday, May 22 from 6 – 8:30 p.m., at 1776 in Crystal City, Virginia.
During this meetup, you’ll hear from government and industry experts who will:
- Discuss benefits of DevOps and how it’s being used in government
- Share challenges and best practices for successfully implementing a DevOps methodology
- Demonstrate various DevOps tools and techniques for agencies
Featured speakers are:
- Peter Burkholder, innovation specialist, 18F/General Services Administration; formerly Chef, Inc., AARP
- Laura Gerhardt, analytics lead, 18F/General Services Administration; formerly University of California
- Lisa Boyer Cooney, agile coach and consultant, Blackstone Technology Group
- Eric Johnson, solutions engineer, GitHub
- Orval P, chief of IT and communications, US Government (pending approval)
- Joel Day, account technology strategist, Microsoft Federal
- Vishwas Lele, CTO of AIS; and Microsoft MVP/RD
We hope you’ll check out the agenda and RSVP to join us for an evening of engaging learning and discussion along with excellent networking opportunities and refreshments. This event is free and open to the public, so be sure to invite your colleagues and connections, too.
With more than 2,300 members, the Azure Government DC user community is one of the largest government cloud communities in the DC-metro region. To join this group of government cloud innovators and stay informed of upcoming events, visit us on Meetup: www.meetup.com/DCAzureGov.