Power Apps and more new services for web apps in Azure Government
Azure Gov Team
Accelerate web app development with Power Apps and a suite of new website services available in Azure Government including Azure Maps and Application Gateway v2. These and other web services in Azure Government can help you more easily create engaging, informative, and performant web experiences.
Building apps with Power Apps helps everyone from business analysts to professional developers work more efficiently together. Solve business problems with intuitive visual tools that don’t require code, work faster with a platform that enables data integration and distribution, and extend the platform with building blocks for professional developers. Easily build and share apps on any device.
Power Apps enables a broad range of app scenarios that infuse digital transformation into manual and outdated processes. Use both canvas and model-driven apps to build Power Apps that solve business problems for task and role-specific scenarios. connect to your business data stored either in the underlying data platform (Common Data Service) or in various online and on-premises data sources (SharePoint, Excel, Office 365, Dynamics 365, SQL Server, etc.).
An extensible platform lets pro developers programmatically interact with data and metadata, apply business logic, create custom connectors, and integrate with external data.
Start by designing your user experience on the Power Apps canvas. Customize every detail of your app to optimize for specific tasks and roles. Create apps for any device.
Power Apps Resources:
Create location-aware web and mobile applications using Azure Maps — simple and secure geospatial services, APIs, and SDKs including:
- REST APIs to render maps in multiple styles and in satellite imagery
- Search services to locate addresses, places, and points of interest around the world
- Various routing options such as point-to-point, multipoint, multipoint optimization, isochrone, commercial vehicle, traffic influenced, and matrix routing
- Traffic flow view and incidents view, for applications that require traffic information.
- Mobility service to request public transit logistics, plan routes in real time, and request information for alternative modes of transportation
- Time zone and geolocation services and converting a location to time zones
- Geofencing service and mapping data storage, with location information hosted in Azure
- Location intelligence through geospatial analytics
Easily integrate advanced location and mobility capabilities into your applications with geospatial services native to Azure Maps.
Azure Maps resources
- Azure Maps documentation, quickstarts and how-to guides
- Azure Maps samples running in Azure Government
- Azure Maps in Azure Government (video)
- Azure Maps Mobility Services (video)
- Geofencing with Azure Maps (video)
Azure Application Gateway
Build secure, scalable, and highly available web front ends in Azure using Application Gateway. Scalable, highly available web application delivery with autoscaling offers elasticity by automatically scaling instances based on your web application traffic load.
Application Gateway includes a web application firewall to protect your applications from common web vulnerabilities such as SQL injection and cross-site scripting and enables you to monitor web applications using custom rules and rule groups.
Application Gateway can make routing decisions based on additional attributes of an HTTP request, for example URI path or host headers. This type of routing is known as application layer (OSI layer 7) load balancing.
Azure Application Gateway resources