Join us: From code to ATO—How to accelerate deployments in government
Deploying a new government service or application involves manual work such as procuring and preparing hardware, configuring operating environments, and enabling monitoring solutions. This manual work takes time, is error-prone, and can produce inconsistencies.
Key DevOps practices such Infrastructure as Code (IaC), continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) and automated testing, allow you and your team to develop and release changes much faster, with higher confidence.
We invite you to RSVP and join the Azure Government user community Wednesday, March 31 from 6 – 7 p.m. ET, to learn how governments use these processes to bring previously months-long implementation times down to just days—securely.
During this virtual Azure Government meetup, which is free and open to the public, you’ll hear from a can’t-miss speaker lineup of government and industry practitioners who will share:
- Top strategies to accelerate software deployment timelines in government
- Pilot experience, outcomes, and lessons learned including with the new DoD Cloud IaC Environment for Azure
- How to better understand your cloud resources, and manage multiple environments
- Eric Mixon, Computer Scientist, Engineer Research and Development Center, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Bryan McGill, Solutions Architect: Cloud Security and Compliance, Applied Information Sciences (AIS)
The Azure Government User Community was created to bring together professionals interested in learning about government innovation, especially around cloud computing technologies and capabilities. It’s open to the community and provides a non-sales environment to share best practices and learnings during monthly meetups (now virtually) that draw government and industry attendees.
Launched in February 2016 by Karina Homme, senior director, Microsoft Azure Government, and Vishwas Lele, CTO of AIS and Microsoft Azure MVP, the Azure Government DC User Community (www.meetup.com/DCAzureGov/) currently comprises 3,700+ members and continues to grow.