97 Azure Government services now authorized for DoD IL5 workloads
We continue to drive expansion of support for Department of Defense Security Requirements Guide (DoD SRG) Impact Level 5 (IL5) to all Azure Government regions. We’ve added 18 new services for a total of 97 services authorized for IL5 workloads in Azure Government – more than any other cloud provider.
These services include a broad range of IaaS and PaaS capabilities to enable mission owners to move further, faster. Mission owners can choose from multiple regions across the country and benefit from decreased latency, expanded geo-redundancy, and a range of options for backup, recovery, and cost optimization.
When supporting IL5 workloads on Azure Government, the isolation requirements can be met in different ways. Isolation guidelines for IL5 workloads documentation page addresses configurations and settings for the isolation required to support IL5 data with specific service instructions.
You can find a full list of Azure Government services that meet the requirements of DoD in the Azure Government audit scope documentation.
Learn more about the newest services accredited for DoD IL5
- Azure Database Migration Service helps you simplify, guide, and automate your database migration to Azure. Easily migrate your data, schema, and objects from multiple sources to the cloud at scale.
- Azure Defender for IoT (formerly Azure Security for IoT) provides threat prevention and analysis for every device, IoT Edge, and IoT Hub across your IoT assets.
- Azure Front Door enables you to define, manage, and monitor the global routing for your web traffic by optimizing for best performance and quick global failover for high availability.
- Azure File Sync centralizes your organization’s file shares in Azure Files, while keeping the flexibility, performance, and compatibility of an on-premises file server.
- Azure Migrate assesses on-premises workloads for migration to Azure. The service assesses the migration suitability of on-premises machines, performs performance-based sizing, and provides cost estimations for running on-premises machines in Azure.
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) offers serverless Kubernetes, an integrated continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) experience, and enterprise-grade security and governance. Easily define, deploy, debug, and upgrade even the most complex Kubernetes applications, and automatically containerize your applications.
- Azure Lighthouse offers service providers a single control plane to view and manage Azure across all their customers with higher automation, scale, and enhanced governance. With Azure Lighthouse, service providers can deliver managed services using comprehensive and robust management tooling built into the Azure platform.
- Azure Machine Learning provides all the tools developers and data scientists need for their machine learning workflows.
- Azure Policy Guest Configuration Azure Policy helps to enforce organizational standards and to assess compliance at-scale, providing an aggregated view to evaluate the overall state of the environment, with the ability to drill-down to the per-resource, per-policy granularity. It also helps to bring your resources to compliance through bulk remediation for existing resources and automatic remediation for new resources. The guest configuration extension is required to perform audits in Azure virtual machines.
- Azure Sentinel is a scalable, cloud-native, security information event management (SIEM) and security orchestration automated response (SOAR) solution. Azure Sentinel delivers intelligent security analytics and threat intelligence across the enterprise, providing a single solution for alert detection, threat visibility, proactive hunting, and threat response.
- Azure Cognitive Services: Infuse apps, websites, and bots with intelligent algorithms to see, hear, speak, understand, and interpret your user needs through natural methods of communication. Here are the latest Cognitive Services accredited for DoD IL5:
- Content Moderator: Machine-assisted content moderation APIs and human review tool for images, text, and videos.
- Face: Detect, identify, and analyze faces in images and videos. Embed facial recognition to your apps – all through a single API call.
- Language Understanding: A machine learning-based service to build natural language understanding into apps, bots, and IoT devices. Quickly create enterprise-ready, custom models that continuously improve.
- Speech Service: Unification of speech-to-text, text-to-speech, and speech-translation into a single Azure subscription. Easily speech enable applications, tools, and devices with the Speech CLI, Speech SDK, Speech Devices SDK, Speech Studio, or REST APIs.
- Translator: Easily conduct real-time text translation across more than 70 languages with a simple REST API call.
- Customer Lockbox for Microsoft Azure provides an interface for customers to review and approve or reject customer data access requests. It’s used in cases where a Microsoft engineer needs to access customer data during a support request. Customer Lockbox supports various Azure offerings.
- Microsoft Power Automate (formerly Microsoft Flow) helps you create automated workflows between your favorite apps and services to synchronize files, get notifications, collect data, and more. Anyone can create automated processes using this no-code/low-code platform.
- Azure Stream Analytics is a real-time analytics and complex event-processing engine designed to analyze and process high volumes of fast streaming data from multiple sources simultaneously. This easy-to-use service provides powerful insights from information extracted from various input sources including devices, sensors, clickstreams, social media feeds, and applications.
- To learn more about isolation for IL5 workloads, watch DoD Impact Level 5 Expansion on Azure Government with Azure Global Government’s Steve Michelotti and Zach Kramer.
- See the isolation guidelines for IL5 workloads documentation page which addresses configurations and settings for the isolation required to support IL5 data.
- For a list of the latest Azure compliant services for government, see Azure services by FedRAMP and DoD CC SRG audit scope.