- Have been generated using the new AutoRest TypeScript library generator.
- Provide new authentication mechanisms, better paging, and long-running operations.
We encourage you to try out the libraries and provide your feedback.
Previously, the Azure management libraries required credential objects created via the packages
@azure/ms-rest-browserauth that used the Azure Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL). ADAL reaches end of support in June 2022. The new Azure management libraries require credential objects from the new @azure/identity package. The
@azure/identity package uses MSAL and has many more authentication options to support newer scenarios.
Promises vs. callbacks
Our new guidelines encourage the use of promises over callbacks to help with:
- Code readability
- Handling of deferred and asynchronous computations
- Error handling
Promises replace the overloads that accepted callbacks.
List operations now return a
PagedAsyncIterableIterator interface that can be used to iterate over the results. The result is a better user experience than before, where a new method call had to be made to access the next page. The List operations section in the migration guide provides more details.
The libraries have been changed to support ECMAScript 2015 (ES6) and beyond.
LROPoller object, returned by the long-running operations, has been modified to the
PollerLike object. It can check the current status of the operation or access any partial results computed. The Long-running operations section in the migration guide provides more details.
In the future, we plan to release the following things:
- Improved documentation on the usage of the libraries
- Increased coverage of Azure services
- Detailed, end-to-end examples for the libraries, including new features introduced with these releases
We encourage you to try out the libraries. Provide feedback by opening an issue at Azure/azure-sdk-for-js.
- Libraries released:
- AutoRest TypeScript SDK generator
- Migration guide for SDKs
- Migration guide for
- Quickstart guide