More Features, More Platforms, and Hands-on Mobile Center Training at Ignite
Visual Studio Mobile Center is now Visual Studio App Center. Learn more here.
Since releasing our public preview last year, Visual Studio Mobile Center has helped thousands of developers build, test, and distribute tens of thousands of iOS, Android, and UWP apps. During that time, we’ve added dozens of new features based on your feedback to make it even easier to ship great apps faster, including:
- Push notifications to help you put the right message in front of the right users, at the right time. Target groups of users by language, geography, and more.
- React Native build support to bring the power of Mobile Center to more developers.
- CodePush integration, so React developers can immediately update their apps, without resubmitting to the app store.
- Launch tests to automatically verify a great first-run experience on every commit.
- Social authentication to make it even easier to create and log into your Mobile Center account.
- VSTS and Bitbucket support, so you can work with your favorite repositories.
- XCUITest and Espresso support for iOS and Android developers who prefer to write tests in their native frameworks.
- Sample apps and tutorials for iOS and Android, to get you get up and running right away.
- Customizable builds, with support for up to three post-clone, pre-build, and post-build scripts. Learn how the Mobile Center Build Service team uses Custom Scripts to improve their builds here.
We’re not stopping there—we’ll continue to give you the best possible developer experience, whether you’re building for Android, iOS, UWP, macOS, or tvOS. You can visit our roadmap and stay up-to-date via our blog for the latest features and improvements.
Visit us at Ignite
If you want to see Mobile Center news as it happens, check out Mobile Center at Microsoft Ignite later this month. Stop by our booth, meet the Program Managers building the service, and ask us your questions in person—we’d love to hear from you!
On Day 1 (September 25), join Nat Friedman, Corporate Vice President, Developer Division and co-founder of Xamarin, for Building Innovative Apps Using the Microsoft Developer Platform. You’ll learn how to ship intelligent apps at scale, and Nat will demo new Mobile Center features during the session.
We’ll also have two sessions providing hands-on advice from Dimah Zaidalkilani, one of our Program Managers:
- Build and Deploy Cloud-Connected, Cross-Platform Mobile Apps with Visual Studio and Xamarin (September 25): a full day, hands-on lab that walks you through the process of building a Xamarin app from scratch and use Mobile Center to automate your CI process.
- Visual Studio Mobile Center and Visual Studio Team Services: Better Together for Your Mobile DevOps (September 26): A breakout session providing an overview of Mobile Center’s services and the benefits of pairing it with VSTS.
*We’ll post videos of our general sessions after the show.
To try out the latest features, log in or create a free account.
Have questions, suggestions, or feedback? Chat with the Mobile Center team at any time; just click the speech bubble icon from any Mobile Center account page.