Mobile Development at Microsoft Build 2018
It’s almost time for Microsoft Build 2018 in Seattle, Washington and that means a full three days of keynotes, breakout and theater sessions, workshops, and all the latest updates to your favorite Microsoft products and technologies.
To help with building your conference schedule, we have curated this list of sessions specific to mobile development using Xamarin and related technologies. Be sure to tune in to the live-stream if you’re unable to attend, to find out what’s new at the conference this year!
Sessions and workshops:
Monday, May 7th
- [1:00PM – 2:15PM] Supercharging your workflow with App Center and Azure – Patrick Nikoletich & Kaushik Gopal – Breakout
- [2:00PM – 2:20PM] Start building mobile apps in 5 minutes with Xamarin Live Player – James Montemagno – Theater
- [3:00PM – 3:20PM] Media Streaming Apps with Azure and Xamarin – Matt Soucoup – Theater
- [4:30PM – 5:15PM] What’s new with Visual Studio for Mac – Mikayla Hutchinson – Breakout
Tuesday, May 8th
- [1:15PM – 2:30PM] Visual Studio and Xamarin: The future of app development – Miguel de Icaza & James Montemagno – Breakout
- [3:00PM – 4:15PM] Build your first Xamarin.Forms app across Android, iOS, and Windows – Adrian Stevens – Workshop
- [4:30PM – 4:50PM] Building mobile apps with Visual Studio and Xamarin – James Montemagno – Theater
- [5:00PM – 5:20PM] Get even more out of your beta app distribution pipeline – Garrett Knoll & Zakeel Muhammad – Theater
Wednesday, May 9th
- [8:30AM – 9:15AM] Cloud-connected apps with Visual Studio, Xamarin, and Azure – James Montemagno – Breakout
- [10:30AM – 10:50AM] Building smart apps with Visual Studio, Xamarin, and Cognitive Services – Brandon Minnick – Theater
- [1:00PM – 1:45PM] What’s new in Xamarin.Forms 3.0 – David Ortinau – Breakout
- [1:30PM – 1:50PM] The power is yours! Creating better insights through continuously monitoring your apps. – Blanca Delgado Parra – Theater
- [2:00PM – 2:20PM] Visual Studio for Mac Tips & Tricks – Jordan Matthiesen – Theater
- [2:30PM – 2:50PM] Build five-star apps with App Center crash reports – Sara Ford – Theater
- [3:00PM – 3:20PM] Mobile apps built with Xamarin, using a serverless Azure Functions back-end – Laurent Bugnion – Theater
- [4:30PM – 5:45PM] Connect your mobile app to the cloud with Azure App Service Mobile Apps – Rob Gibbens – Workshop
- [6:30PM – 6:50PM] Overview of Visual Studio and Unity – JB Evain – Theater
You can find all of the recorded sessions posted on-demand through Channel 9 Build 2018 after the conference.
Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin and Xamarin University Booth
Come say hi to us at the combined Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin and Xamarin University booth located in the Client & Web area.
Hang with James
Principal Program Manager, James Montemagno will be hanging around Build 2018 and would love to catch up with you! You can find an agenda of hangout opportunities, like coffee and lunch, right here on his GitHub.