How to contribute to the blog
Before your post can be published, you need to have a WordPress account. Use the following steps to create an account.
- Open https://devblogs.microsoft.com/powershell-community
- Click the
Loginbutton in the top-right corner of the page.
- Login using one of the three options
- Fill in the following information in your profile:
- First and Last name
- The Display name should be your full name
- Add any social media links you wish to share (optional)
- Add a brief Bio explaining who you are / what your PowerShell experience is
- Add a profile picture (optional) Your account will automatically be added as a Subscriber in WordPress.
The Blog admins will need to change that to Author before your post can be published. The Blog admins will review your profile before you can be elevated to Author status.
Creating a blog post
The blog posts are not created directly in WordPress. The posts, written in Markdown, are submitted to the PowerShell/Community-Blog repository in GitHub. For full instructions on how to write and submit your post, see the documentation in the Wiki. After submitting your Pull Request, the blog admins will review the post. The may suggest editorial changes to improve grammar and readability. They may also require specific changes before we can publish. Once the pull request is merged, the post is automatically copied to WordPress as a draft. From there, the Blog admins will verify that the post renders correctly, make any formatting changes required, and publish the post.