Join the 30 Days of Microsoft Graph Challenge
Welcome to 30 Days of Microsoft Graph Challenge! I’m so excited to introduce you to our pilot learning program for students, new graduates, and professionals who are interested in learning a new skill that can accelerate their career.
The challenge runs from November 1-30, 2022. Watch 📺 this short YouTube video to find out why you should participate!
In this post, we’ll cover:
- Why you need to join this challenge and add Microsoft Graph to your skillset.
- Prerequisites to get started on the Challenge.
- How does the 30 Days of Microsoft Graph Challenge work?
🔎 Why join 30 Days of Microsoft Graph Challenge and add Microsoft Graph to your skillset?
Millions of people across the globe use Microsoft apps in their personal lives, at school, or work. Did you know that you can also access data behind the popular Microsoft apps such as Teams, Calendar, Outlook, To-Do, Planner, and more?
Microsoft Graph is the gateway to access the data and intelligence across Microsoft 365 core services. Hundreds of datasets are available to developers through Microsoft Graph. Not only can you access the data, but also you can build your own app on top of the Microsoft 365 platform by accessing the available data with the power of Microsoft Graph. Scenarios like the following can be built with Microsoft Graph REST APIs and SDKs:
- See what other students at the school/community are working on.
- Organize your day with a quick overview of upcoming meetings.
- Get your to-do tasks every morning at 9 am.
- Stay up to date quickly by viewing unread emails.
- Receive unread chat messages as a summary.
Imagine all the other scenarios you can build on the Microsoft ecosystem to boost productivity, collaboration, education, people, workplace intelligence, and more!
Learning how to build apps with Microsoft Graph is a critical skill to work across Microsoft technologies. Throughout the #30DaysOfMSGraph challenge, we will help you upskill with Microsoft technologies and ecosystem by learning and building apps with Microsoft Graph.
⚒️ Prerequisites to get started on the 30 Days of Microsoft Graph Challenge
You’ll have to complete the following steps before starting to learn everything about building apps with Microsoft Graph:
- Register for the challenge: https://aka.ms/30DaysOfMSGraph/Register
- Set up a Microsoft 365 developer account: https://aka.ms/Setup-M365-Dev-Account
- (Optional) Activate a GitHub student developer account: https://aka.ms/Activate-GitHub-Student-Dev-Pack
- (Optional) Activate Azure for student credit: https://aka.ms/Activate-Azure-For-Student
When you complete the prerequisites, you will be ready for the challenge.
🗺️ How does the 30 Days of Microsoft Graph Challenge work?
30 Days of Microsoft Graph Challenge includes self-paced learning, connecting with the experts on GitHub Discussions, and live Reactor sessions.
Self-paced learning 📚
In this challenge, you will be given self-paced learning materials each week. These can be found on the landing page.
Connect with experts on GitHub Discussions 💬
When you need help, you can always ask your questions in the GitHub Discussion for this challenge. Our team will always be there to help you and answer your questions.
Live Reactor sessions 📺
There will be eight Reactor sessions to introduce you to building apps with Microsoft Graph. We’ll host a session at the beginning of each week. We will also have two Ask the Experts sessions. Finally, we’ll have a close out session to announce the winners of the challenge.
You can find all the Reactor sessions scheduled throughout the challenge on the challenge landing page.
🪡 Where is the challenge?
We have two challenges within the 30 Days of Microsoft Graph.
The first challenge: Complete the learning materials given throughout the month of November. We have some prizes for the top 10 winners of the Cloud Skills Challenge.
The second but the biggest challenge (with more exciting prizes): In week 3 of the 30 Days of Microsoft Graph, you will be asked to submit a capstone project proposal for an app scenario with Microsoft Graph. Don’t you worry, we already have Top Microsoft Graph Scenarios to inspire you for this challenge. You can either pick one of the provided scenarios or you can come up with your own scenario and submit it as a project proposal. You only need to comment out your capstone project proposal here, so no one else picks up the same scenario: https://aka.ms/30DaysOfMSGraph/Scenarios
After working with your own project in week 4, you’ll be asked to submit your capstone project here: https://aka.ms/30DaysOfMSGraph/GitHub/ProjectSubmission.
🏆 What happens if you win?
Top ten Cloud Skills challenge winners will get:
- A chance to record a YouTube short video for the Microsoft 365 Developer YouTube channel that will be promoted on Microsoft official social channels.
Top four winning Capstone projects will get:
- Mentorship session from Microsoft 365 Advocacy Directors and Microsoft Graph Product Group Directors.
- A chance to be interviewed on our Show & Tell video series for the Microsoft 365 Developer YouTube channel and be promoted on Microsoft official social channels.
We are so excited for your participation in the 30 Days of Microsoft Graph Challenge. Please share your journey throughout the month on your socials with the #30DaysOfMSGraph hashtag. Let us know if you have any questions. Our team is always here to help you!
Looking forward to meeting you at #30DaysOfMSGraph!