Visual Studio 2010 RC Feedback Channel for Web Tools
As you probably heard the Visual Studio 2010 RC is currently available for MSDN subscribers! You can download it from here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/dd582936.aspx. General public release is slated for Wed.
The Web Development Tools Team has setup a DL that we would like you to use to send us direct feedback on anything web development related for this RC.
The DL is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have had a chance to use the product please send us feedback on your overall experience with our product. The more details you can provide the better.
Also, feel free to shoot us a mail if:
- You encounter a bug or issue.
- You have general feedback, suggestions or ideas on our web tools product.
If you do encounter a bug please send us a clear set of repro steps. Any of the following items will also help us reproduce the bug more easily:
- For crashes, hangs – obtain a crash dump as described here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/07/25/678308.aspx
- For hard to describe bugs capture a video of the bug in action.
- Send us your machine configuration (OS, 64/32 bit, RAM, etc.).
- Are you running in a Virtual Machine environment (Virtual PC, Hyper-V, VMWare, etc) or Remote Desktop?
- What profile are you using (Tools->Import/Export Settings? General, Web Development, Code Only, VB, C#, etc.
- How many projects are you using? How many files?
- Is your solution located on a network share?
- Would you be willing to share your project/solution with us for testing purposes only?
Finally, don’t forget to monitor our blog http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools as we have another of great topics lined up that will be published soon.