The week in .NET – Mitch Muenster – Stateless
To read last week’s post, see The week in .NET – On .NET on CoreRT and .NET Native – Enums.NET – Ylands – Markdown Monster.
Last week, we hosted the MVP Summit, and instead of having a big one-hour show, we did several mini-interviews with MVPs. The first one was published on Monday. Mitch Muenster spent 25 minutes with us talking about being a developer with autism:
This week, we’ll publish the other interviews that we recorded during the summit.
Package of the week: Stateless
Almost all applications implement processes that can be represented as workflows or state machines. Stateless is a library that enables the representation of state machine-based workflows directly in .NET Code.
Version 3.0 of Stateless just came out, with support for .NET Core.
User group meeting of the week: Introduction to TPL Dataflow in Boulder, CO
The Boulder .NET User Group holds a meeting on Tuesday, November 15 at 5:45 on TPL Dataflow, a pattern that allows for lock-free multitasking.
- .NET Core Data Access by Bertrand Le Roy.
- So you want to write an EF Core provider and Internal code in EF Core 1.1 by Arthur Vickers.
- EF Core Lets Us Finally Define NoTracking DbContexts by Julie Lerman.
- Is Entity Framework Core Production Ready? by Jon hilton.
- Using dependency injection in a .Net Core console application by Andrew Lock.
- VLC.MediaElement for UWP, a MediaElement clone leveraging VLC by Stéphane Mitermite.
- Refit: The automatic type-safe REST library for .NET Core, Xamarin and .NET by Paul Betts.
- Efficient discriminated unions in C#7 by Alexandre Mutel.
- OneOf, easy to use discriminated unions for C# by Harry McIntyre.
- Hitchhiking the HoloToolkit-Unity, Leg 2 – Input Scripts (video) and Windows 10, 1607, UWP and Experimenting with the Kinect for Windows V2 Update by Mike Taulty.
- How bwin is using SQL Server 2016 In-Memory OLTP to achieve unprecedented performance and scale by Mike Weiner.
- Fat Controller CQRS Diet: Simple Command by Derek Comartin.
- C# Wildcard Variables by Simon Timms.
- Control the name of your .NET Core output by Donovan Brown.
- Nothing Cheesy in the “Cheese Edition” of the C# Yellow Book by Greg Duncan.
- Responsive Applications with Asynchronous Programming by Dirk Strauss.
- ZeroFormatter, an interesting approach to serialization by Yoshifumi Kawai.
- 20 .NET and Visual Studio power tips by Manuel Meyer.
- How to serve a static (non-MVC) website and a web API at the same time in ASP.NET Core (video) by Joe Petrakovich.
- Using MongoDB with Web API and ASP.NET Core by Mahesh Sabnis.
- Config transformations in ASP.NET Core by Thomas Ardal.
- The Monsters Weekly – Episode 77 – Internationalization Part 2 – Request Localization by the ASP.NET Monsters.
- Writing a search engine with Azure and F# in a weekend by Anthony Brown.
- [Introducing the F# Software Foundation Programs]https://www.infoq.com/news/2016/11/fsharp-foundation-mentorship) by Pierre-Luc Maheu & Reed Copsey, Jr.
- F# Beginner Function Declaration Gotcha by Mark Heath.
- F# Error Handling Compared by Matthew Doig.
- Let’s Play with Azure Functions by Luke Merrett.
- Code as Data: Structuring business rules in F# by Ankit Solanki.
Check out F# Weekly for more great content from the F# community.
- Xamarin Alpha Preview: Cycle 9 & Preview: Xamarin Inspector 0.99.1.0 by Adrian Murphy.
- Join us for Microsoft Connect(); Now with Virtual Training from Xamarin University by Julia Black.
- Webinar Recording | Building Better Apps with Microsoft Cognitive Services and Xamarin by Courtney Witmer.
- Microsoft Research Ships Intelligent Apps with the Power of C# and AI by Lacey Butler.
- Getting Started with the iOS 10 Notification Framework by Mike James.
- The Xamarin Show 9: Azure Search with Liam Cavanagh by James Montemagno.
- Sez Who? Support for iOS 10 Speech Recognition in Xamarin by Wallace McClure.
- P/Invoking Native Calls & Porting Android Libraries to Xamarin.Android by Jon Douglas.
- A Quick Guide For Designing Better Buttons by Nick Babich.
- What Everyone Should Know About The Process Behind App Design by Michael Flarup.
- Face detection on iOS by Tomasz Cielecki.
- Banish Compiler Directives From Shared Projects! & Stopping the “ThisApp May Slow Down Your iPhone” Message by Matthew Soucoup.
- Native Views in XAML from a PCL, The Advanced Navigation of Exrin in Xamarin Forms, & Xamarin Forms Visual Previewer by Adam Pedley.
- Platform Specifics – Xamarin.Forms 2.3.3 Look Ahead by Matthew Soucoup.
- Fluent API Libraries for Azure .NET SDK by Build Azure.
- Automating deployment of ASP.NET Core to Azure App Service from Linux by Afzaal Ahmad Zeeshan.
- Serverless Computing and Workflows with Azure Functions and Microsoft Flow by Jason roberts
And this is it for this week!
Contribute to the week in .NET
As always, this weekly post couldn’t exist without community contributions, and I’d like to thank all those who sent links and tips. The F# section is provided by Phillip Carter, the gaming section by Stacey Haffner, and the Xamarin section by Dan Rigby.
You can participate too. Did you write a great blog post, or just read one? Do you want everyone to know about an amazing new contribution or a useful library? Did you make or play a great game built on .NET? We’d love to hear from you, and feature your contributions on future posts:
- Send an email to beleroy at Microsoft,
- comment on this gist
- Leave us a pointer in the comments section below.
- Send Stacey (@yecats131) tips on Twitter about .NET games.
This week’s post (and future posts) also contains news I first read on The ASP.NET Community Standup, on Weekly Xamarin, on F# weekly, and on Chris Alcock’s The Morning Brew.