.NET Framework May 2021 Cumulative Update Preview
Today, we are releasing the May 2021 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework.
Quality and Reliability
This release contains the following quality and reliability improvements.
- Addresses a performance issue caused by incorrect configuration in the GC.
- Addresses an issue where a background GC could pause the runtime for a long period of time if a large managed heap is filled with long lived objects with a deep chain of references.
- Addresses an issue where crashes could occur if security stackwalks were generated during ThreadAbortException handling.
- .NET Framework 4.8 will now allow to negotiate TLS 1.3 if underlying OS supports it.
- Addresses an issue when rapid typing using an IME can crash via FailFast.
- Addresses an issue where Thaana characters displayed in left-to-right order.
- Addresses a crash when WebBrowser receives a completion event for a navigation it tried to cancel.
1 Common Language Runtime (CLR) 2 Network Class Library (NCL) 3 Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
The Cumulative Update Preview is available via Windows Update and Microsoft Update Catalog.
You can get the update via the Microsoft Update Catalog. Customers that rely on Windows Update will automatically receive the .NET Framework version-specific updates. Advanced system administrators can also take use of the below direct Microsoft Update Catalog download links to .NET Framework-specific updates. Before applying these updates, please ensure that you carefully review the .NET Framework version applicability, to ensure that you only install updates on systems where they apply.
The following table is for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019+ versions.
|Product Version||Cumulative Update|
|Windows 10 1909|
|.NET Framework 3.5, 4.8||Catalog||5003256|
|Windows 10 1809 (October 2018 Update) and Windows Server 2019||5003396|
|.NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2||Catalog||5003258|
|.NET Framework 3.5, 4.8||Catalog||5003255|
Previous Monthly Rollups
The last few .NET Framework Monthly updates are listed below for your convenience:
- .NET Framework May 2021 Security and Quality Rollup Updates
- .NET Framework February 2021 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 2004, Windows Server, version 2004, Windows 10, version 20H2 and Windows Server, version 20H2
- .NET Framework February 2021 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework.
- .NET Framework February Security and Quality Rollup