.NET Framework March 2020 Update for Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary Update) and Windows Server 2016.
Today, we are releasing an update for .NET Framework 4.8 on Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary Update) and Windows Server 2016.
This update does not contain any new security fixes. See January 2020 Security and Quality Rollup for the latest security updates.
Quality and Reliability
This release contains the following quality and reliability improvement.
- Addresses an issue when the hosting of a .NET Framework implemented COM server in a DllSurrogate (e.g. dllhost.exe) that is running elevated is unable to opt-out of a security mechanism put in place in .NET Framework 4.8. This fix respects the opt-out mechanism and permits the COM server the ability to properly activate. This update does nothing to change the behavior or robustness of .NET Framework 4.8 when the opt-out mechanism is not set.
1 Common Language Runtime (CLR)
Getting the Update
The Update is available via Microsoft Update Catalog only.
Microsoft Update Catalog
You can get the update via the Microsoft Update Catalog. For Windows 10, NET Framework 4.8 updates are available via Microsoft Update Catalog.
Note: Before applying this update, please ensure that you carefully review the .NET Framework version applicability, to ensure that you only install the update on systems where it applies.
|Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary Update) and Windows Server 2016|
|.NET Framework 4.8||Catalog||4550993|
Previous Monthly Rollups
The last few .NET Framework Monthly updates are listed below for your convenience:
- February 2020 Preview of Quality Rollup for Windows 10 1909, Windows 10 1903, Windows Server, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1903
- February 2020 Preview of Quality Rollup
- January Preview of Quality Rollup
- January Security and Quality Rollup