Visual Studio Team Services and Team Foundation Server Java Capabilities Presentation and Demonstration Now Available at java.visualstudio.com
To share and explain our current Java feature set and capabilities with Visual Studio Team Services and Team Foundation Server (TFS), we have produced and published two new 30-minute videos available on our Java team’s YouTube channel.
The first video provides an overview presentation of our current Java feature set and capabilities for both Team Services and TFS. The slides used during the presentation are available on our Java subsite, java.visualstudio.com.
The second video provides an end-to-end DevOps Java demo highlighting many of our features and capabilities, including:
- DeepSpace App instrumented with Application Insights (AI) for performance metrics & events
- Integration with a 3rd party app using Service Hooks
- Connecting to a Team Services Git repo with a 3rd party app using SSH
- Work Item usage (Kanban board, stories, tasks, and bugs)
- Java contextual searching across repos
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in integration (clone repo, create branch, commit with work item association, & pull request) integrated with REST APIs
- Automated hosted Windows build using Java 1.7 and Maven triggered by PR submission and execution of Junit tests and JaCoCo code coverage
- Automated Azure Linux VM build using (CI) build vNext agent using Java 1.7 and Gradle and execution of PMD and CheckStyle static analysis
- Automated release deployment (CD) of Java WAR file to an Azure Linux VM “Test/QA” machine and execution of Selenium tests on the DeepSpace
- Automated release deployment (CD) of Java WAR file to an Azure Linux VM “Production” machine and use of AI deployment markers
- Automated release deployment (CD) of Java WAR file to an “AWS Elastic Beanstalk 64bit Amazon Linux 2016.03 v2.1.0 VM running Tomcat 7 Java 7” machine
To view recent announcements concerning our Java efforts, visit our news page.
To receive Java announcements as they happen, follow our team on Twitter.