Visual Studio Coded UI for Word Add-In v2 Sample Solution has shipped!
We are pleased to announce that we have released the sample solution with support for Visual Studio 2012 RC.
This project delivers practical and scenario based sample code and guidance for the Visual Studio Coded UI Microsoft Word Add-in, which extends the Coded UI feature support to Microsoft Word documents.
Without this Add-in, the Coded UI feature has the following shortcomings:
- Can only reference Word menu and ribbon controls
- Can only reference the screen location of mouse and keyboard actions within a document
- Does not support assertions within a document
The add-in also provides the following functionalities for Coded UI:
- Document location referencing of mouse and keyboard actions
- Assertions on contiguous document selection
To get started, grab the Hand-On Lab, which steps you through building the solution and using it.
Andrew Whitechapel , Bijan Javidi, Bob Hardister, Mathew Aniyan, Mike Fourie, Vladimir Gusarov, Willy-Peter Schaub
Please send candid feedback
We can’t wait to hear from you, and learn more about your experience using the Beta. Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Ask a question on the respective CodePlex discussion forums.
- Contact me on my blog.
- Submit a suggestion on UserVoice, using the Rangers Project category tag.