Understanding migrations from on-premises TFS to Visual Studio Online
The Visual Studio ALM Rangers are pleased to announce the release of the second Understanding TFS migrations from on-premises to Visual Studio Online research findings whitepaper.
This second part is a walkthrough of a migration, using a simulated on-premises environment, Brian Keller’s VM’s, to Visual Studio Online (VSO). The walkthrough is based on two assumptions:
- You will use Excel to migrate Work Items from TFS on-premises to Visual Studio Online.
- You will migrate latest Source Code from TFS on-premises to Visual Studio Online
It covers the following core topics:
The whitepaper concludes with a vibrant discussion of common post-migration questions and answers.
The first companion whitepaper, included in the download package, covers the concepts of migrations and guidance on selecting a suitable migration strategy as well as tooling to migrate to Visual Studio Online without affecting your operational environment or data fidelity.
please send candid feedback!
We can’t wait to hear from you, and learn more about your experience using the guidance. Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below.
- Ask a question on the respective CodePlex discussion forum.
- Contact me on my blog.
- Migration and Integration Solutions
- Understanding TFS migrations from on-premises to Visual Studio Online – Part 1: Concepts
- Understanding TFS migrations from on-premises to Visual Studio Online – Part 2: Walkthrough