Top stories from the VSTS community – 2018.05.11
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics, listed in no specific order:
- VSTS Gems – Analytics Extension #1 – Analytical widgets
Rui Melo introduces the Analytics extension that adds a series of widgets (CFD, Lead, Cycle, Velocity, Burn down and Burn up) that can be used on your dashboards.
- Team Foundation Server and GitHub Enterprise in Azure
Michael S. Hansen published various templates for TFS in Azure and High Availability (HA) TFS in Azure.
- IoT Projects – Seven Testing Types
Phil Edwards talks about the Internet of Things (IoT) and the seven key areas of testing to consider.
- Safe on-premise releases using VSTS
Ilias Jennane recently interacted with many customers that were clearly under the impression that they should only consider DevOps practices if they are doing Cloud development. So, he decided to break this myth.
- Review – Professional Visual Studio 2017
Matteo Emili shares his thoughts on the book.
- What’s new for VSTS as announced at Microsoft Build 2018
Dmitry Lyalin cover’s what’s new for both Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Microsoft’s cloud-hosted DevOps service and our on-premises server equivalent Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Mobile Chest X-Ray Analysis uses machine learning models to demonstrate how smart medical apps can be created
Garage’s Vancouver internship cohort has been hard at work on artificial-intelligence powered projects that further productivity and showcase leading-edge possibilities which machine learning can turn into reality.
- VSLive! Keynote: Abel Wang on Microsoft’s DevOps Journey
John K. Waters talks to Abel Wang about the changes Microsoft had to make over the past few years to transform itself from a traditional, waterfall-oriented software provider into an agile, cloud-based organization.
- MSDN Magazine! DevOps – Any Language, Any Platform with Azure DevOps Projects
Azure DevOps Projects enable developers to support a continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline on any language and any platform. Learn how your teams can deliver value and react to feedback quickly and continuously using Azure DevOps Projects and VSTS.
- Build Announcement Playlist
- Keynote: Vision
- Keynote: Microsoft 365 App Development
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included