Top stories from the VSTS community – 2018.02.23
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- Post 2- Value Stream Mapping for ALM Ranger’s VSTS Extensions Work Stream – Hamid Shahid
In my last blog post, I wrote about benefits of Value Stream Mapping (VSM) in the realm of software development. I also wrote about how we, the ALM | DevOps Rangers, plan to use it in our VSTS Extensions work stream – which is today’s story.
- VSTS Gems- Identify stale branches – Shmulik Ahituv
Maintaining a clean repository when there are many branches and contributors
- Announcing the Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) Solution Template – Justyna Lucznik
Blue Margin, Inc., Microsoft Gold Partner in Data Analytics and Data Platform just released a VSTS solution template to provide project managers the insights they need to manage their portfolios. The VSTS Solution Template is an end-to-end data-management and business-intelligence solution that can be set up in just a few clicks.
- Test Automation Benefits – Spring In To Action – Jane Kelly
As we rapidly approach the new spring season with vigour, there’s never a better time to revisit areas in our work/home lives and look at applying a fresh approach to make improvements.
- Setting up 2 factor authentication and email verification with .net core 2.0 – Gordon Beeming
Today I played with a new .net core template just to see what the authentication options were out the box and was surprised to see just how easy it is to go from nothing to having a base project that has authentication fully baked in with 2 factor authentication and email verification.
- Upcoming Speaking Engagements – Mickey Gousset
I’ve updated the Speaking page on my blog for some of my upcoming engagements. I’m thrilled to be speaking at three new venues this spring that I have not spoken at before.
- A quick look at the new SonarQube tasks for TFS and VSTS – Matteo Emili
Last week SonarSource released a new version of their tasks for TFS and VSTS, with a couple of very welcome additions.
- Goats up high – Brian Harry
Have you bookmarked these DevOps focused aka.ms links?
- aka.ms/devops – DevOps at Microsoft
- aka.ms/devopslab – The DevOps Lab
- aka.ms/devopslabs – Microsoft Visual Studio DevOps Hands-On-Labs
- aka.ms/devopsarticles – Technical Articles
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included