Top stories from the VSTS community – 2018.02.09
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- Updates from the DevOps VSTS Bot – Jeffrey Opdam
Dear community, I want to inform you for my upcoming update, which will be deployed on February 10, 2018.
- VSTS Gems- Identify flaky tests – Shmulik Ahituv
Sometimes tests are flaky – they fail on one run and pass on another without any changes.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment: The Future of DevOps Is Now – Matthew Calder
Join Microsoft MVP Tarun Arora for a look at how Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and Microsoft Azure—and their many new services and features—can help you leverage the latest cloud technology as you implement the DevOps practices of continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD).
- Building VSTS/TFS Tasks with TypeScript and VS Code – James Montemagno
Over the last few years I have fallen in love with VSTS for handling all of my application and backend continuous integration, deployment, and release management. Each of these services offer a task based build and release definition that enable you to easily start automating anything.
- DevOps: Should databases use migration-based or state-based deployment? – Greg Low
One key decision that you need to take when you decide to include databases in your DevOps processes, is how you will store the data model. What flows from that is how you will do deployment.
- #RubDevOpsOnIt – Donovan Brown
If anyone is interested in the origin story of the catch phrase, keep reading.
- Build Agents losing connection after switch to HTTPS – Matteo Emili
A quick one I am dealing with these days – if you switch the Public URL of your Team Foundation Server to HTTPS you might see your Build Agents losing connection with the server.
- Regression Testing Checklist – Right Every Time – Phil Edwards
Even with the best will in the world, we all forget to do something at some point in time. Whether that be something trivial like putting out the bins to forgetting to pick up the kids after school.
- gdpr – panic part 4 – Ed Elliott
In this part, we will change to look at how companies have mishandled the data they have, not regarding poor operational security but regarding how they used the data in ways they were not authorised to do.
- Join me on our App Modernization roadshow throughout the Southeast! – Esteban Garcia
Many teams and organizations ask me about strategies to modernize their applications. They want to get to the cloud and they don’t know what would be the most effective way to start. And once they get started, what would be the best pay to keep momentum going and deliver measurable impact to the organization.
- Real World Mobile DevOps with VSTS and App Center – Damian Brady, James Montemagno
Damian talks to James Montemagno about using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and App Center to manage your mobile application DevOps process. James explains how you can use both tools together, and shows us how the Xamarin team does DevOps for their own Xamarin Live Player app.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included