Top stories from the VSTS community – 2017.08.18
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- Git vulnerability with submodules – Edward Thomson
The Git community has disclosed a serious security vulnerability in Git that can lead to arbitrary code execution.
- Over 500 extensions in the VSTS/TFS marketplace – Brian Harry
In November of 2015, almost 2 years ago, we launched the Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) Marketplace to further our goals to build an open and active ecosystem around VSTS and Team Foundation Server. It’s been a truly amazing thing to watch.
- Using Visual Studio Team Services to Manage Your Projects at Home – Mike Douglas
It was 3:10 AM in the morning on Tuesday when we were woken by a loud cracking sound and then a thud. How does Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) tie into this?
- Testing Power BI Report Server Setup using Azure DevTestLabs and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) – Jaime Tarquino
With the new setup for the Power BI Report Server we have the option to use our traditional test system or try something new, Azure DevTest Labs offer some of the features that are attractive for this type of end to end testing.
- Building VSTS Extensions with feature flags – Part 3 – Mikael Krief
We continue with the call of the LaunchDarkly Rest API from VSTS extensions.
- ASP Net Core AAD User and Groups Manager on GitHub – Clemens Reijnen
Just put our AAD User and Groups Manager Application on GitHub. A WebApp for end users to control AAD entries in an easy, comfortable and still controlled way.
- How to change the Tomcat port from 8080 to 80 in a Dockerfile – Donovan Brown
I am using tomcat:alpine as my base image in my Dockerfile but I want to run Tomcat on port 80 not 8080.
- TFVC Change History – Chaminda Chandrasekara
Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) is widely used with TFS and in VSTS as a source control system If you want to generate history report for TFVC including details of files changed and any work items associated with the changesets, use this script.
- Running UAT tests in a VSTS / TFS release – Ricci Gian Maria
I’ve blogged on how to run UAT and integration tests during a VSTS Build; that solution works quite well but probably is not the right way to proceed.
- Migrating from TFVC to Git (for large repositories) – Mick Philippon
So, you decided to switch from TFVC to Git. But how can it be done, knowing that you want to keep the whole history, that you have actually more than 25 000 changesets in your TFVC history, and that you can’t do it while people are working?
- Episode 103 – Setting Version Numbers on a Build Server – The Monster Weekly
In this episode, Dave shows us how to specify version numbers for .NET core assemblies and NuGet packages using command line parameters and how easily that can be integrated into build systems like AppVeyor.
- An End-to-End Demo of VSTS – Paul Laberge
Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) is an extremely robust, extensible and configurable application lifecycle management tool that facilitates good DevOps practices within your organization.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included